Golden Comet - How do I make my own?? What is the correct MIX??

Breeding an EE rooster to a golden comet hen will not get pullets that lay blue eggs. You will get green or brown eggs.

x2 depending on whether the EE rooster gives the blue egg gene (green eggs will be the result) or the brown gene. Keep in mind that your EE rooster is already a hybrid (blue egg layer x brown egg layer).

He is supposed to be Ameracuna rooster. I just call him an EE because of controversy... He is the rooster in my avatar. I understand I will probably get green, olive or brown eggs. I intend on crossing the crosses back to EE/Ameracuna again and again... :)

Here is a rooster I got from the cross... 9 weeks old. I really like the colors and pea comb. :)
I have 4 more chicks of the same cross, two are yellow/white and one looks like a skunk and one black. This is really fun. :)

Here are 4 other chicks I got from the cross EE + Golden Comet. 3 weeks old.
There are 5 pictured, the one with true black legs is EE + EE.

So I can not figure out what mix actually makes a golden comet...
To get back to your original question, most of the hatcheries that market their Red Sex Links under the label, Golden Comet, cross a Production Red rooster with a Rhode Island White hen. One exception is Hubbard's Golden Comet which is a New Hampshire rooster X a White Rock hen. However, as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, you can produce a Red Sex Link by crossing any red gene rooster (RIR, NHR, Production Red) with any white/silver gene hen (White Rock, Rhode Island White, Delaware, Light Sussex, etc.) and no matter which of these you use the newly hatched male chicks will be whitish and the females will be reddish, and they will all be egg laying machines. Or if you want a Black Sex Link, you can cross a red gene rooster with a barred gene hen (usually Barred Rock, but could also be Dominique, or Cuckoo Marans) and the male chicks will be black with a white spot on top of their heads and the female chicks will be solid black; and like the Red Sex Links, the Black Sex Links will be egg laying machines.

Wh
To get back to your original question, most of the hatcheries that market their Red Sex Links under the label, Golden Comet, cross a Production Red rooster with a Rhode Island White hen. One exception is Hubbard's Golden Comet which is a New Hampshire rooster X a White Rock hen. However, as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, you can produce a Red Sex Link by crossing any red gene rooster (RIR, NHR, Production Red) with any white/silver gene hen (White Rock, Rhode Island White, Delaware, Light Sussex, etc.) and no matter which of these you use the newly hatched male chicks will be whitish and the females will be reddish, and they will all be egg laying machines. Or if you want a Black Sex Link, you can cross a red gene rooster with a barred gene hen (usually Barred Rock, but could also be Dominique, or Cuckoo Marans) and the male chicks will be black with a white spot on top of their heads and the female chicks will be solid black; and like the Red Sex Links, the Black Sex Links will be egg laying machines.
What will be the opposite of this, I mean production red hen x white silver rooster

What about red production hen and white silver rooster

Back
Top Bottom