Good duck hut?

It seems big enough. How much is a few??? I have 6 runners and I had them in a wire cage like the one in the picture. That didn't last to long..... lol. They grow really fast.

45848_5-22-10_3.jpg

45848_dsc00039.jpg

This was the water and food set up. Constant cleaning with these little guys. I found towels were the easiest way for me. I don't know how big your runners are.

Does it have a solid floor? You will want to secure the ducks at night from preditors too. If you get it I would try and talk the person down some. Keep looking to see what else is out there. Not only look under farm and garden but look under general and materials. You may find something in those sections also.

3 - and the dog house, not the kennel.

I have a large great dane sized kennel that I plan on starting them in until they can move to a yard by themselves.
I'd want to put it up off the ground on a stand too I think.

Would it need ventilation for the night? I'd come up with something as a door to close them in, so it seems it would be "tight" once they were closed in.

oh yes that will be perfect for them...are they going to have an enclosed run with the doggie house inside it or are you going to modify the dog house with ventilation and etc etc?

Quote:
I have this same house. My husband attached hinges at the bottom with a board so it closes up - acts as a ramp to get in and out when let down. I used his drill and drilled many holes in the bottom so I could spray it out each morning and the water would drain out. It sits on top of a pallett. I have 4 ducks residing in it right now. I also drilled some extra holes in the sides where the fake windows are. It works great!

56653_img_1070.jpg

56653_img_1068.jpg

56653_img_1069.jpg

Kylee2katie--I like how you attached the ramp--very ingenious. Looks like it would work, mine hardly ever use their house though. I love all the great ideas the BYC members come up with.

Quote:
Thanks! I have to lock them up at night - we have an owl that likes to hang out at night! Also, I'm in Stuttgart, Arkansas and we are the "duck hunting" capital of the world....so sad....but I have to be able to lock them up so no one shoots my babies by mistake...currently, they free range from 6:00 am till dusk. But we are in the process of building an enclosed area that they can "free range" but within limits - something I can cover....and them not go flying around with the wild ducks that will start coming in around October. I have 4 mallards - that's what the hunters are looking for....I also have a fawn runner, 1 pekin, and 2 muskovy.

Back
Top Bottom