Google search feature doesn't work on my system

Yes and no. WHen BYC changed platform , right term?, the ability to search thru the old threads became available again. It was not immediately obvious to me because I had been without the words " google search" for more than 6 months. Probably more like 8 mo.

On my system Chrome still is not acceptable to Google. and I still get msg 404 not found. But I can still do searches. Go figure. If I use IE, Google accepts my computer communication.

I'm not tech savvy; but I can learn.

I'm confused by what you mean...Chrome is made by Google. Can you do a screen shot of what you are trying to do?

Chrome and IE are internet browsers.

Google is a company that runs primarily a search engine but they put out Chrome as their browser.

Last edited:
sorry don't know how to do screen shot. HOneatly, I can live with this now that with the new platform, I can research old threads via the current search mode.

If you are still interested, here is the situation and some back info.

When I open CHrome, it automatically tries to connect with Google as it's default search engine. However, Google won't accept my pc's communications. It used to and then it stopped.

From an earlier post in this thread:

I found this doing a google search:

A 404 error indicates that the server itself was found, but that the server was not able to retrieve the requested page.

Why can't it retrieve the page??? I can retreive the page via IE but not Chrome.

Here's an article on how to do a screenshot:
How To Take A Screenshot The Easy Way

On the Google thing - I'm still kind of confused on how your search engine isn't communicating with your computer and how it ties to Chrome...
hmm.png

I use Chrome but I prefer Bing as a search engine over Google. You can change the default search engine (if you want to) by going to the settings for Chrome. In the upper right of your screen you'll see a wrench...click it and then click options...under the Basics tab you'll see Search...use the drop down menu to select your preferred search engine...maybe if you reselect Google then you'll fix your problem...or it might just be easier to select a different search engine.

Also please note that some viruses will stop you from accessing Google.com because they don't want you searching for help or programs to remove the virus. If you can't access www.Google.com from different browsers on your computer I'd definitely consider that you might have a virus.

Also please note that some viruses will stop you from accessing Google.com because they don't want you searching for help or programs to remove the virus. If you can't access www.Google.com from different browsers on your computer I'd definitely consider that you might have a virus.

Nifty, I thought this too so I took it in for debugging back in the fall. Honestly, I'm not convinced all the bugs were removed.
hit.gif
You have confirmed my suspicion . Many thanks.

Do you have an antivirus and an anti malware software downloaded and running at all times on your computer??? New viruses come out everyday.

Back
Top Bottom