missmaqs

Chirping
May 16, 2020
Phoenix
Hi I have one hen in my flock of 14 who I got about two weeks ago. I noticed at the beginning of the week she regurgitated/vomited 1x a night - she would do it just one time and then act totally fine? Tonight I was looking at her and one of her eyes was just a little goopy and her beak looked a little gunky. She's eating, drinking and running around just fine. I'm treating the eye with vetricyclin. What could this be and is there anything I can do for her? Should I separate her, or would it already be too late for that? She sleeps in the same nesting box as a few of them. Half of my others are vaccinated.

Can you provide a picture of her eye? Are there any bubbles or foam, or sneezing? How does her crop feel—empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy soft? How does her breath smell? I would leave her with her flock since they would already have been exposed if it is something infectious.

You can flush the eye with saline eye wash, and apply a dab of Terramycin eye ointment, or plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment 2-3 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom