eggswithlegs11

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
My goose was attacked by the neighbours dog today and lost about 1.5cm of beak. I have put antiseptic on the beak, and washed it out (it was bleeding quite a lot). The vet that deals with geese is not working right now, or probably for at least a couple of more days. What should I do? Do beaks grow back? His tongue sometimes pokes out, and the bottom of the peak is pretty much in tact. He looks like he may be in pain, can I give him pain killers that humans use or only geese related ones? I'm going to keep applying the antiseptic to ward off infection. Is he going to be alright? I haven't seen him eat because when he tries he shakes his beak as if he doesn't like the sensation.
Any tips would be so helpful, thank you.

yes def pictures. I'd call the vets and see if they will give you something for pain because I am sure it's very painful poor thing. Metacam for pain possibly and also something for infection. Keep it clean. Veterycin spray for wounds and infections is really good. TSC carries it.

Soupy feed maybe easier to eat right now like drinking soupy. I don't think there is a chance the bill will grow back but it is amazing how they can heal and compensate for disabilities.

How is she doing? Is she able to eat? Did you try the soupy mix? I’ll say she can adapt as long as she can scoop you’ll need to give her a deep feed bowl. Just keep it clean you can do that but adding some ACV with Mother into her water bucket. 1-2 Tab to a gallon of water. How’s her back at the neck is that a wound too?

Back
Top Bottom