Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Well, surprise surprise. Scooter laid her first egg today. I guess she is not a gander after all. The egg had a soft shell. We have been feeding flock feed. Should I start to feed egg lay like the chickens have or is some other recommended. Any info or ideas greatly appreciated.
I bet that was a surprise. Congrats!! Sometimes when they first begin to lay they can lay soft shell but I keep oyster shell out for all my egg layers or you can feed layer and keep the OS out too.

Thanks so much for the reply. Will take care of it right now.
thumbsup.gif

Wish I had a gander so the eggs would be fertile.

Last edited:
What do I do.I don't have a gander but my goose is broody will not get out nest box and has no eggs.

I had a goose like that for eight years she would sit on a nest and only liked one other goose and none of the others funny thing was she would not sit on other eggs but her own funny animals but do make sure she had some water and feed and oh ya she will starve herself and act as if she has real fertile eggs under her . She is only acting the way mother nature intended her to act .

Hello! I am on day 26 for 3 toulouse goose eggs, and they started rocking! I noticed this morning, and took out the automatic turner, and added more water to the water trays. It's now been 12 hours since i noticed the rocking. I candled them but the have not internally piped. This is my first time hatching eggs, so I'm really anxious/excited! Trying to keep my patience...

Back
Top Bottom