Goose Shenanigans

That’s the funniest story I’ve heard yet! :lau I have to agree I’m not sure who looks the scariest here me or my geese I am usually pretty rough looking too after being out with them for a while. I have to tell y’all about my gander an my son who is a grown adult actually both of them are:p my son came over and all my birds were in the back yard with me, Sam the gander has always been a biter and it’s usually me or the dogs he gets. Well this day after my son an I visit for a few minutes my son turns to go inside and Sam promptly bites him right on the butt. Talk about a surprise. I didn’t hurt with heavy jeans on but to this day my son is scared of my gander( of course he’d never admit it). I too had an encounter with geese at a marina when my children were young and for years I was terrified of them. But I am so glad I decided after having ducks for 3 yrs to venture into geese. They can sure be trying at times but I couldn’t imagine life without them. I look at Sam as ornery as he is and can’t hardly believe he’ll be 13 this coming April. He came via my Muscovy hatching him. :love

Here's my funny goose story. He is always getting into things but I remember this story because it was just a few weeks ago. I had my goose in a big dog crate in the garage because the coop I built him is pretty low to the ground and I accidentally put it right where the snow has been drifting this year, (one morning I woke up and looked out the window and apparently we had had a major snowstorm and his coop was totally buried. I spent the next hour frantically unburying him. He thought this was very amusing. I finally got him out and he was fine, but whenever we have snowstorms I put him in the garage now.) It definitely wasn't a good winter design. Anyway we were going to have a blizzard so I brought him in the garage. I was letting him play in the garage because all the doors were pretty much frozen shut so I couldn't put him outside. He was nibbling everything and having a great time. It was all safe stuff, of course. I ran into the house to grab something and I heard him honk out there. I ran out to check on him and he apparently thought the old wagon looked fun. He started chewing it and his tongue froze to it! He was so freaked out. I poured warm water on it and got it off, but now he is super afraid of the wagon. 😂 He goes way around it now.

20200220_155137.jpg

Bobby (front) and his wife Belinda (back).

20200218_111500.jpg

Walter (left) and his wife Emma (right).

Last edited:
Well, this was my shenanigans, but Gus the Goose helped. On the first visit home to visit my family I took my city girl fiancée out to meet my beagles. She was somewhat afraid of them so in order to encourage her that they were okay - I went up to Gus the Goose and his mate and grabbed one of their goslings. Ran back towards the dog pens with the geese in hot pursuit screaming their heads off. The Princess decided that dogs were a better choice than geese and jumped into the dog pen. She still married me and 55 + years later is still here. Must have done the right thing.
Love this story, me and mine have been together for 21 years and I only just started with my birds. Hopefully in another 20 years or so I will have a compelling story like this.

Back
Top Bottom