Goose Shenanigans

I fill a medium rubber bowl for birds to drink out of in my shed. I actually fill a few buckets, and bowls so everyone can drink, and take a few baths if necessary.

One bowl in particular is always moved and emptied. I found out why the other day. One goose will grab the edge of the pan furthest from it, raise it a bit, and it dumps some water on its feet. It drops it than does it again and again, washing it's feet. It was kinda cool to see her doing it. :) She does make a mess with all the dumping.

I was also wondering why a piece of twine was chewed through. After the foot washing she goes over and pulls on the twine a bit, must be some weird ritual for her. :D

:lol: They are really good at teamwork!!

Caught BB and Chance bonding over mucking up their pool today :barnieHad just refilled it, beautiful clear water....then this-
20191227_121556.jpg

She would loosen up the dirt, and Chance would put big mouthfuls in the water! Can't see it in the pic, but they have quite the hole dug right there.

They actually think!:lau Like toddlers. My gander loves to stand on the side of the buckets, I have to put pieces of scrap landscaping timbers around to keep him from dumping the buckets.
My plans are to replace my goats with the geese as I lose goats to old. I can see geese are just as good at coming up with ideas as goats are about how best to out think me. :D

Back
Top Bottom