Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

The amount of eggs laid by a goose depends on the breed and within those breeds it depends on the goose.
Some breeds lay only 15 eggs a season(3-4 month span) some breeds lay 30 eggs and some breeds lay 60-100 eggs usually the chinese. Others have been known to lay 100 eggs as well, again this falls back to depending on the goose itself, everyone is different. It also depends on if you keep taking the eggs or you leave them & let them go broody.

Last edited:
Ok thanks
The amount of eggs laid by a goose depends on the breed and within those breeds it depends on the goose.
Some breeds lay only 15 eggs a season(3-4 month span) some breeds lay 30 eggs and some breeds lay 60-100 eggs usually the chinese. Others have been known to lay 100 eggs as well, again this falls back to depending on the goose itself, everyone is different. It also depends on if you keep taking the eggs or you leave them & let them go broody.

2 of my 6 eggs are fertile, but not bad for eggs meant to be eaten. I was hoping for a few more but at least I'll still get a chance to hatch a couple! Tempted to buy Sebastopol eggs online but trying to restrain myself...

What's the average for an embden?

One of my eggs has externally pipped! Its one of the pekin x blue swedish crosses. The rest shouldnt be far behind.
thumbsup.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom