IMG_4700.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4697.JPG
    IMG_4697.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 5
@tweetzone86 - let us know if its a double yolker!

Same here @EggSighted4Life
ran across this pic the other day, 104.1 grams = 3.67 ounces! :eek:
View attachment 1578840

I'm torn, because I've been keeping the smaller eggs and selling the bigger ones. By that, this one should go in my sell box. BUT I can't hardly close it so...I MIGHT keep it.

My grandma bought a dozen and I gave her my last two doubles (long and skinny so pretty obviously doubles). She jokingly said that this one is hers lol, but she may let me keep it :) Since not all of the eggs are up to larges yet, I've been selling the doubles I get to make weight.

But I really, really, really, really want to keep this one...what a dilemma...

Hiccup... likely a double yolker.

They scare me after loosing a hen or so to egg binding... my largest hen egg weighed in at 104 grams. :hmm

That is indeed a beautiful eggs though! :love

I thought doubles were longer but skinnier? This one was nicely rounded. Or am I wrong? This is my first flock so I'm still a newbie :)

Get some 18 count cartons and make 'Pullet Dozens'....
.... usually have 6 hens eggs,
and as many pullet eggs as it takes to make 'weight' ...24oz(L) to 27oz(XL).
Simpler for my accounting not to have to change price.

full

I've offered to charge based on either weight (24 oz) or number (1 dozen) as people prefer. Its $3 either way and so far folks have been happy with anything over 1.7 oz. One buyer doesn't care if they're smaller she paid $15 for 5 dozen including the smaller ones :) She also said she's buying all her eggs from me from now on :)

And one buyer (my grandma's friend) paid me $4 because they live 35 miles away (grandma lives across the street) and she felt it was worth giving me the extra dollar since I had to drive up there :) Despite the fact I was going to my grandma's anyway lol...

Back
Top Bottom