Songster
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Day 28!
Baby duck cracked the shell last night. Lots of moving and there's a pea size hole now with peeping off and on.
wee.gif

I'm so excited, can't wait to see what it looks like. It's a mutt.
love.gif

Last edited:
Baby is here!!
love.gif

Looks like it hatched a few hours ago, it's pretty much dry. It took after mama and looks like a Blue Swedish.
love.gif

Will have to get pics tonight, my camera battery is kaput. (Just put a new one in, stupid thing)
barnie.gif

i hate my camera i go through about 5 sets of batteries a week! or i did when the babies hatched i dont take as many pics now

invest in rechargeable batteries. Get two sets for your camera and just always leave the charger plugged in. One set dies pop them in the charger and pop the other one out. Thats what I do in my classroom...saved a good 50$ on batteries already this year. They are an investment but worth it.

WooHoo! I can't wait for pix.
big_smile.png

I have 8 Welsh Harlequin duck eggs, four of which that started pipping today. I expect the other 4 to start any time now, as I candled them a couple of days ago and all eight eggs were duckfilled with movement inside. I have been up for the past four nights helping someone with a sick goat (pneumonia) and desperately need some sleep, but with my ducklings coming, I don't want to miss their hatching. So I've put on yet another pot of coffee.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom