Got baby chicks today!!!

Thank you. I way want a Black Copper Maran but have to wait a little over 2 weeks. Does anyone know if introducing new hatch baby chicks to 3 week old will be a problem?

Thank you. I way want a Black Copper Maran but have to wait a little over 2 weeks. Does anyone know if introducing new hatch baby chicks to 3 week old will be a problem?

It might be. The size difference will be significant. I think the general rule of thumb is that the hatch dates can be up to a week apart...much more than that and the smaller one(s) will get picked on.

I got 12 baby chicks! 3 bantams and 9 pulleys. My quick question is, can they chirp around in the same brooder? Or do I need to make a whole mother brooder for the 3? I've raised baby chicks before just never got mixed selection. I'm always so scared they are going to pop there legs out of place when I'm not watching them. Any suggestions to get that thought from stop entering my brain? Last time we raised baby chicks years ago we bought 10, and 3 passed away. I hope I don't lose any this time. It's awful!

Here's one little cutie pie! By the way, he was sleeping in my girlfriends hands! :)

There is more or the gang! Don't worry about the accident! Dawn soap, and bleach fixed that no problem!

Last edited:
Congrats on the new little ones! Thanks for sharing their pictures, they are cute
smile.png

Thanks a ton! I'm hoping I get an answer soon about mixing the two breed baby chicks together! Maybe soon I'll get a answer :)

I think the short answer is: it depends.

The longer answer is watch their behavior. If it seems like the bantams are getting picked on, then you probably need to either separate, section off your brooder, or provide a larger brooder with hiding places and sight interrupters so the bantams can flee effectively.

I think the short answer is: it depends.

The longer answer is watch their behavior. If it seems like the bantams are getting picked on, then you probably need to either separate, section off your brooder, or provide a larger brooder with hiding places and sight interrupters so the bantams can flee effectively.

Good answer, are pullets know to bully other chicks? Or is it just because there are way more pullets then bantams? I probably am asking stupid questions and I am sorry

Back
Top Bottom