Got eggs & Zucchini - these patties are the best!

Dragonfly Ranch

Songster
10 Years
May 13, 2009
Happy Valley, CA
It's that time of the year for sharing zucchini recipes. This recipe is from All Recipes.com and was rated 5 out of 5 by over 400+ and we are right there voting it number one. These are the best thing for using those zucchinis that become baseball bats over night. I take out the seeds and only use the firm flesh. You can make these all summer and freeze them for winter months, just put a piece of waxed paper between. Then microwave a minute or less to defrost, heat in pan, griddle or toaster oven. We love them with a poached egg on top.

Zucchini Patties

2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
2 Tbs vegetable oil or Pam cooking spray

Directions: In medium bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, flour, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and salt. Stir well to distribute evenly, Add beaten eggs and mix well.

Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by the heaping tabelspoonsfuls, spread out to make nice round thin patty (if necessary), and cook a few minutes on each side until golden brown. (TIP: use Pam Cooking spray instead of oil and if you have an electric griddle you can make 6 or more at a time.

Enjoy!

I usually just cut mine up and batter and fry them but I like this recipe. I am going to cook this for supper and see how it is!! Sounds good
smile.png

I make these often..sometimes I add either a little tobasco sauce of powdered red pepper to spice them up..some of my bunch eats them with ketchup..they are great.

What, no pictures? My zuccini plants haven't set fruit yet, as I didn't plant until about a month ago due to rain. But I have my fingers crossed. And that recipe sounds good!

I have some zukes, and a ton of yellow squash. I'll try combining them and see.

Sounds like a great recipe, thanks for posting!

Oh, now I am hungry. I think my farmer's market has some baseball bat zucchini and it's going on RIGHT NOW. Gotta go!

Ranchie, I am NOT stalking you.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom