Got my Beehives today!

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Went and met with the guy I was getting my hives from...awesome guy and new friend. Got the tour of his Half Acre Farm.....he has ducks...chickens....rabbits...and bees. I love his setup. He said if I would help him with some Raised beds and fencing I could have the two hives for free. I will post some pics once I get them uploaded....great design and exactly what I was looking for.
big_smile.png

YEP!
big_smile.png

Whole hive...next to bottom half
DSC02973.jpg

Entrance
DSC02975.jpg

Look into hive
DSC02976.jpg

Hive with Inner covers over bars/frames
DSC02981.jpg

Roof
DSC02979.jpg

Way to go! I would love to have bees. I have been reading up on them. My husband would like me to wait until some of our other projects are finished. I know he is right, but I really want some now!

SamG. Way to go!!! I am a beekeeper too, I have 9 colonies (well, actually 1 now, I lost 8, whah, whah). Wait until you really get going with beekeeping, you're gonna LOVE it, you will be held under the spell of the honeybee. Have a wonderful day.

That is the beauty of bees though....you dont need any land at all. We have 2 acres though but the guy we got them from does like 10-20 hives on half an acre.
Great hobby!
big_smile.png

LOL we will see. Won't be taking any honey from the hives this year unless the bees really produce. But I doubt I will take any. They will need as much as possible to get established.
But I'm surrrreeee looking forward to the free honey!
big_smile.png

I wish you the best of luck getting your bees started. We need more people willing to take on this task. Check your tax laws, you may be able to write it off on your taxes. Even if you don't, you and everything around you will benefit from your bees. Best of Luck.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom