Got Rid of my Roo!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Sounds promising!

I've gone the Craigslist route to get rid of roos too. The folks who took them say they want them for their chickens, but.......you don't really know.
One of those things ya just gotta take on faith if it's something that bothers you.
I don't really care if they end up in the stewpot, I just wish my wife would let it be MY stewpot instead of someone elses.

I have done some work with dog rescue and we offer a 'take back' policy if any of the dogs need to be given up by the owners that adopt them IMHO if you give away a roo and you are not willing to take it back if things don't work out with the owners then the new owners should be allowed to do whatever they want. with that animal. Also, we have a signed contract when the dog is turned over stating that if it doesn't work out the dog comes back to the rescue and not turned into a shelter. Most folks I read about who want their roo to go to a good home never mention that they would take it back if it doesn't work out.

To just list an animal on Craigslist with a bunch of rules that the new owners have to follow without a contact or take back policy is not very realistic. I'm NOT saying the original poster did this but I see it on my local Craigslist all the time. "take my roo. must have a good home. must allow me to visit. Promise me you'll never eat the bird. blah, blah, blah..."

I have sold hens on Craigslist and asked the people what they were doing with them but I don't want them back so I'm not going to go on more than my gut instincts and faith that they were telling the truth. There are honest people out there that can give good homes to animals - even roos. It does sound like you found a good one and that you are being realistic that there is a possibility that the new owners may not want or be able to raise the roo you are giving away for the remainder of it's life.

Back
Top Bottom