Gramcracker's coop.

Pics
About to go pick up tools, the mosquitos and some other critter is eating me alive! It's after 7 so time to do so anyway. With all the rain we have had the bugs are bad this year.

Just a few things to do and the coop will be safe to move them in tomorrow for sure. Have a latch to install and a few pieces of trim, clean it out, maybe put in a roost, and set up food and water. They are starting to get to be stinky girls this past week. So definitely time for them to be in their own house. Also Tillie (barred rock) is almost bumping her head on the protective wire rack over their box.

The plywood roof is over the coop but need one more panel over the run before I can finish it with the metal roofing. That can wait until I get the run finished. Will post some photos tomorrow.

Today i made a feeder and started to get the kennel panels lined up. Put the hardware cloth on one panel. I need to dig a ditch to bury it, but not feeling up to it today. I need to construct a spacer between one panel and the coop to make up for the fact that the coop is only 8 feet wide and the run is 10 feet. 20170826_185555.jpg

Looking good Capricorn! I need to get moving on mine this am. We have storms moving in yet again; UGGG. It's almost 8 they are saying between 10 and 1. If I can get it secure before the rain, check it for being wet after the rain, fix any issues, set it up and move the chicks this afternoon. Watching the news and Harvey photos, hoping everyone on BYC is OK. I know some are in the midst of it, there is a forum Hurricane advice that had updates on some last night, no one has reported in this am.

Today i made a feeder and started to get the kennel panels lined up. Put the hardware cloth on one panel. I need to dig a ditch to bury it, but not feeling up to it today. I need to construct a spacer between one panel and the coop to make up for the fact that the coop is only 8 feet wide and the run is 10 feet.View attachment 1121960
I didn't bury the hardware cloth down.. I made it into an apron going out about 18 "
you can see it on the right in this pic
1463448501430 (1).jpg

I am so worried about all those folks in the grips of that storm! Hoping they can survive.

Exactly, KIKI is in the midst of it and several others. I won't complain about our current downpours. Hearing about people getting out in it, crazy.

Have the coop secure, I hope, except for covering the nest box with a board. Chicks will get moved later after the rain stops.

WOOT!! WOOT chicks are moved with some temporary barricades 1 on the nest boxes another for rain coming from the West. The seemed pretty excited about having more room. No roosts up yet so I put in a couple of 4x4 scraps to climb on.

I'll try for a better chick photo as the barred rock's head is blurry.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    441.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    571 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    524.6 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom