Granny's gone and done it again

I have been busy here, just taking care of the critters. This rain needs to stop. I bet we had at least 3 inches today. Decided not to go to the swap tomorrow.
Using this to mark where I left off.
Cap, I'm sure you are sick of rain, but oh man, there are tens of thousands of people out here who would give up a body part (a small one!) for some rain.

Granny already explained that the wild west is on fire this summer and we got evacuated AGAIN. :( It's better than dying for sure, but it isn't much fun. We are camping out with the animals up at the farm for now. There is a monster of a male coyote that keeps coming around too. He's huge! It's part of his regular territory apparently, but I hope he won't climb fences and eat my hens.

We have snuck back home for a few hours, along with 25% or so of the neighborhood, even though the evac order is mandatory. High winds are expected this evening, so no telling how much the fires might spread. I'll be back up at the farm in a little while, and thought I'd get a post in while I have a little cell service. If the fires don't spread our way tonight, we will probably move home tomorrow.(shhh... mum's the word 🤫). Chickens are at risk either way, but I can see where the fire is on the computer. Too bad I don't have a coyote tracker!

I fixed an area between the tank house and carport for the mob. Fence with the grapes was already there and a lot more that was intended to be a dog kennel eons ago. Didn't take much more to make it fairly secure and hopefully coyote proof!
20200930_104834.jpg

20200930_104847.jpg

Mob isn't particularly thrilled, especially since they have to spend nights stuffed in the back of the pickup, under the shell and locked in a garage. Too many chicken-eating critters around! Hopefully they will be home soon.
20200930_105343.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well. If you have clean air, take a deep breath and think of me! 😷

Cap, I'm sure you are sick of rain, but oh man, there are tens of thousands of people out here who would give up a body part (a small one!) for some rain.

Granny already explained that the wild west is on fire this summer and we got evacuated AGAIN. :( It's better than dying for sure, but it isn't much fun. We are camping out with the animals up at the farm for now. There is a monster of a male coyote that keeps coming around too. He's huge! It's part of his regular territory apparently, but I hope he won't climb fences and eat my hens.

We have snuck back home for a few hours, along with 25% or so of the neighborhood, even though the evac order is mandatory. High winds are expected this evening, so no telling how much the fires might spread. I'll be back up at the farm in a little while, and thought I'd get a post in while I have a little cell service. If the fires don't spread our way tonight, we will probably move home tomorrow.(shhh... mum's the word 🤫). Chickens are at risk either way, but I can see where the fire is on the computer. Too bad I don't have a coyote tracker!

I fixed an area between the tank house and carport for the mob. Fence with the grapes was already there and a lot more that was intended to be a dog kennel eons ago. Didn't take much more to make it fairly secure and hopefully coyote proof!
View attachment 2356368
View attachment 2356369

Mob isn't particularly thrilled, especially since they have to spend nights stuffed in the back of the pickup, under the shell and locked in a garage. Too many chicken-eating critters around! Hopefully they will be home soon.
View attachment 2356373

Hope everyone is doing well. If you have clean air, take a deep breath and think of me! 😷
From I was trying to find the fire map. How close is it to your hous?
How far away is your dads farm?

View attachment 2356368
View attachment 2356369

View attachment 2356373

Good to hear from you, Wishing. Was wondering. Hope you get to go home soon.

Hubby ran over the hose that runs to Turkey Town , with the riding lawn mower! The hose got wrapped around the underneath of the mower numerous times. Took two of us to get it unwrapped. Now the hose needs repair. I replaced the hose for now, but with a hose that kinks really easily. What a job to get it strung through the brush, and get all the kinks fixed! Must have used up an hour doing that. Finally got Turkey Town watered.
Moved some chicks from one brooder to another that gives them more room. I was trying to clean the brooder those chicks came from, and it freaking started raining. It was not supposed to do that. Hubby unloaded my replacement door for the original coop, and so that sat out there in the rain.
One good thing happened, I did catch that loose cockerel that was sleeping in a tree. I put feed in one of the cages that was sitting around, and he went in to eat it. Shut the door, trapped bird.

Back
Top Bottom