grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Use the quote button, then we will all know exactly what you are talking about!!

1 person likes this.
  2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    @enola, I just water bath my pickles for 5 minutes, but I keep everything boiling hot before it goes in the jars. Have been doing it for over 30 years without any problem. [​IMG]

3. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I'm with enola. I pressure the pickles for 5 minutes. I used to feel like I was opening a jar of potential death. Lol

4. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Where's the quote button?

5. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    so vinegar flush for you as well ???

6. MissFrog

MissFrog Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2012
    Uh... Granny, I understand your joy at catching a lurker, but it worries me the reference about "catching to eat", since you're talking about catching me here...

Hi Danna, I have 7 girls at the moment. We started about 3 years ago while in Chicago. The first batch had names, now, they just have nicknames since we figured out that chickens tend to die and it's not very good to be attached to them too much. We have 1 RIR, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 huge blue Orpington, 1 Welsummer, 1 cochin, and 1 that is either Barred Rock or Dominique.

We moved from Chicago with the chickens in a dog crate. And our 3 dogs...
    And then we just moved again and the guy who is supposed to put our fence up has vanished. So the girls are living alone at the old house and DH goes to visit them on his way to or from work. I miss them terribly.
    We could not move their house to the new property because it's a garden shed. Too big and too old to move. So I went and looked for a new one, found one on Craigslist, which had some rotten wood on the bottom. So I figured that I would pull the old wood trim, replace it with new, a coat of paint and voila! When we pulled the old wood, we found critters like carpenter ants or termites so I pulled all the outer wood and kept just the frame, and now weeks later I am still working on it. And I am way over budget of course...
    Now the old house might get sold so I'd better get serious about it or the girls will be homeless... Not good!
    I will post pics when I figure how to...

7. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Look at the bottom of the person's post and you will see the buttons .

Using the "multi" button will allow you to read through to the end and reply to more than one post at a time.
    Thumbs up is for giving the person an "ovation" on BYC.

1 person likes this.
  8. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Good luck miss frog!!

9. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD

Ah ha! Thank you. This will be better than trying to answer fast before 6 other different posts come up.

10. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Now where's the multi button. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by