grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Oh and forgot to mention that I don't let the berries sit out while I trying to get enough pick to make a batch. Each day I pick I dump them into a freezer bag & freeze until I have enough berries saved to make a batch. I saved berries for a week & ended up with enough berry juice to make a double batch. I absolutely love this jam on vanilla ice cream. Plus I give some out as gifts at Christmas time.

2. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Gotta run, time to get ready to go to the dentist, a whole different torture chamber :lau

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Ive never heard of such a gadget. sounds weird. LOL Apple and blackberry are my favorite. Mom said she wished she could make apple like her mom did and she didnt know but that is one thing I did learn watching grandma. So I made mom some and she cried . My head swelled up 3 sizes too big. [​IMG]

I am up to 8 chicks. Robert found the baby . I asked him and he wouldnt even look then dad got up.[​IMG] It was behind the dresser and then he wouldnt move the dresser. said it weighs too much so I ended up doing that too. It was ice cold and not making a sound so it surprised me it was still alive. I gave it some sugar water and held it under the heat. There is something wrong with it. It is mentally unstable. I put clear packing tape around the cage and it has got stuck to the cage twice where it is still trying to get out. I took the dogs toy and it seemed a bit more settled. Still only the one white egg.

Just got home from getting sons blood draw. Company in the am and the house is a mess, need to finish frostys hair cut. She has asthma very severe and I really need to air the house out and clean from my smoke but thats not happening. I hury too bad.
    Lily is a dumb dog. She was let out for a long time, came in and peed .Tom let her out same thing. Its like she was holding it waiting to come in to pee. I picked her out a new collar ,blue and green. but like her stripes.

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Granny take her out on the leash, DO NOT let her run and play until after she pees. Then praise her and turn her loose to run.

I sure hope you haven't inherited someone's else's failed attempt at making this dog one you can live with.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am having a problem walking her with my foot. [​IMG] She is super strong. I was just looking for a scar on her belly and she still has fleas. I guess the meds i bought are not good. she does have a scar any way.

6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi all :frow

Oh fleas :sick I had trouble with them when I brought the scruffy little kitten back from the farm. I nearly killed it with all the stuff I gave it. Put frontline on it, wormed it, got it some antibiotics cos it was looking like it had cat flu and some eye drops too. Poor little thing did not move for 24 hours when it first arrived as it was just overwhelmed. The fleas took some nipping in the bud also, had to keep on treating and doing the house too. Then the dogs got them was a right pain in the backside. Had to give them regular baths in flea shampoo, you could see them dropping off them in the bath dead. It worked well, do you have some shampoo granny? Regular vacuuming and spraying of furniture and beds helped. Even vac the bed!! Good she has a scar on the belly.

Chicken lady, how did the dentist go? I've been today too for a check up and thank goodness don't need anything doing :bow

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I've heard that dawn dish soap is good for fleas. It's supposed to disintegrate the exoskeleton...? This tip was from a groomer friend.

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi Yorkshire, dentist appointment went well. Cleaning done and only the same reminder about 2 bottom teeth that need future crowns. I told them they were way out in the future cuz I didn't know how I'm going to pay the 900.00 co-pay bill for my back procedures, let alone do crowns. Already did 1 this year & if I had some extra cash laying around I would get the remainder of my back treatments done that I can't afford.

9. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I have heard that as well about Dawn dish soap.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I got her cut and showered . too late this time on the dawn. She is one peed off pup. LOL since I put the drops on yesterday I figured I will just re dose. cut most that greasy hair off that had the med. on it. and I am gonna give Lily more too as I seen them on her still. Star hasnt scratched at all.
    Looks like i am having a bad hatch. [​IMG] Still just the 8 but I guess I will have those 3 polish tomorrow morning. I still havent done the chickens yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by