grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor enola, you manage to get yourself in as many fixes as I do. hahaa Someone told me when I was catching the coons to drop the trap in a pond . In the case of a skunk I would try and entice it out with a treat LOL How did it get in ? People take them and get the scent gland removed and keep them for a pet.
Lilys aggression showed to star my cocker today. I bought a 50# bag of food and son poured it up and was letting her eat out of the container. She seemed pretty happy over her "new" food dish . LOL Star came up on the other side and she growled.
I like that cartoon or what ever you call it with lily running .
gig.gif
Found a flea on frosty today. she scratched all night too and she is the one that sleeps with me. Now I itch all over. I seen it a good hr. after I treated them all.
Still just 5 babies. and I dont see any pips either. its day 20 so hope real hard tomorrow is a better day. I am chopping frostys hair off. poor thing looks like an orphan.
I was pleased that lily was picked. I really didnt want to call her twist. It seemed odd to me. GS drew the paper. son and now GS is still calling her pebbles. I will win, I am the one that feeds her. hahaa

Its almost midnight & finally out of the torture chamber for the night. Spent the afternoon picking the gardens, restocking the farm stand & picking blackberries for jam. After dinner started making a double batch of seedless wild blackberry freezer jam. My kitchen is small without any work space. Needless to say it was trashed. I don't mind making the jam, just HATE all the sticky dishes that need to be done when I'm finished with the jam. Hubby usually helps with that part, but had unexpected company twice today so didn't start early enough. He was in bed before I even got done. Tomorrow early I have dentist appointment for a cleaning ~ argh I hate going to the dentist. Yard needs to be weed whipped & mowed. Have green beans to snip & can. And hubby's pickles to process & can. Need to squeeze in chicken care in there as well. Phew I'm tired already.
Granny hope your foots feels better tomorrow or should I say today. I better get my butt to bed if I'm going to be able to wake up to my alarm. Night all ~ sweet dreams!

Last edited:
Morning, its 6:30 and I have been up half the night. Its gonna be one of "those" days. I am still hurting . My whole tendon all the way up to the back of my knee.
Chicks kept me awake . Whos idea was it to put them in my room ? oh ya, me. Its hot in there, they hollered all night. AND, I am missing one. I cant find it anywhere. But of course its the one that I said looks like the swedish flower. I cant look under the bed or dresser and cant find it anywhere else.
hit.gif

Only 2 more chicks this morning and one pip as far as my tired eyes can see.

How many take morning meds.? How many smack themselves in the face taking them ?

Lisa, did you figure anything about the thief ? I dont know why you are torturing yourself. shoot, buy a jar of jelly for a buck. LOL question please, how do you make seedless blackberry ? dont the seeds go through cheese cloth ? I have about 6 blackberry Bushes? is that what they are called ? they are the thornless Navaho i think. anyway, they are super sweet . I just dont get enough to make anything from them. I have split the bush a couple times . I thought it might revert back to thorns but no. I picked about 10 berries and ae a couple, brought them in the house and rinsed them very well. put them in a small bowl. hr. later i go in there and ants are crawling on them. so i soaked them and more ants are coming. After soaking for 1/2 hr. I put them on a paper towel. More ants. I threw them to the chickens and wondered how many ants I had ate.
sickbyc.gif

I was wondering about the infamous negligee bandit too. Lol

Sorry you didn't get a good sleep. I was up and down all night. Angina again. I take so many pills I rattle if I sit down too hard. Lol

How's Lilly?

Lisa, did you figure anything about the thief ? I dont know why you are torturing yourself.  shoot, buy a jar of jelly for a buck. LOL  question please, how do you make seedless blackberry ? dont the seeds go through cheese cloth ?  I have about 6 blackberry Bushes? is that what they are called ? they are the thornless Navaho i think. anyway, they are super sweet . I just dont get enough to make anything from them. I have split the bush a couple times . I thought it might revert back to thorns but no. I picked about 10 berries and ae a couple, brought them in the house and rinsed them very well. put them in a small bowl. hr. later i go in there and ants are crawling on them. so i soaked them and more ants are coming. After soaking for 1/2 hr. I put them on a paper towel. More ants. I threw them to the chickens and wondered how many ants I had ate. :sick
Morning granny, hubby decided we would wait to see if she came back to pay out of guilt or if she tried again then he would go to the police. For the jam I make, the berry bushes grow wild in the woods and the DO have thorns. I look like I've been fight with a cat. Mine is about 98% seedless, I have a funny piece of equipment that you dump the berries in the hopper, push them towards the center hole. Where the hole is there is a tapered plastic augur screw. Once the berries reach the tapered screw from me cranking a handle they are forced to go to a narrower area that has a cone with hole in it for the juice to be extracted from the berries. The juice drops to a tray with a dish below for collecting the berry juice and the seeds are forced out the end of this device as you crank the handle. So that is how I get nearly seedless blackberry pulp to make into jam. It is a lot of work but it is oh so yummy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom