grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Hi guys, I made it home. I hurt so bad. my foot. its swelled up .I couldnt get my shoe back on for anything. No name is feeling more comfortable here and Im not liking what I see. she is food aggressive. she is trying to play with frosty and all of a sudden frosty dont want to have anything to do with her. She (frosty ) is growling. $90. at TSC and $200 at wal-mart. hurt too bad to get lunch. Thankfully Robert was up and ready to carry. Not sure how I am getting the chickens fed today. I bet they are so hot out there.
    frog, your names are added. I will write them down again for the hat after I rest a bit and let you all know her new name. I cant print what I called her when she pooped and peed the front room. yes, the prettiest room in the house.
    I got to see a chick hatch before i left this morning. I said they were all brown eggs pipping but the white one hatched. It looks nothing like polish or swedish flower. The EE rooster I froze. Im sure of it. Its all yellow ! [​IMG] Maybe it will lay a colored egg if its a hen ? Came home just in time to watch a brown egg hatch. Same colors ! of course 3 had hatched while we were gone. [​IMG]so 5 so far. 3 yellow, 1 black and 1 looking swedish !

$150. for smokes, $100. for Roberts B day, $200 to my DD $750 gone already. And, I cant get anyone to even make me a sandwich.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi granny :frow

Congrats on the hatched chicks :celebrate I'm so jealous, wish my bator was on. I was just going to ask how they were getting on, well spooky!! Love the sounds of the colours, I like mix breed chicks as it's the unknown and a real surprise.
    Could I add "Pebbles" to the list for no name pooch? I'm not sure if it's already taken, I've been on and off the last couple of days.

Hope that foot of yours is feeling better soon :hugs Sounds very painful not been able to get your shoe back on. Quite a spend there already but at least you have supplies in now.

If I were there I would make you a sarnie, it's a shame teleportation has not been invented yet I would zap you one across the pond!!

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I have you down York . I wish there was too. Bacon? mmm......
    this pill kicks in I will get some ham and tomato with mayo, tons of salt and a little pepper. glass of cold milk and a sweet. I will be set.
    very excited about the chicks !

4. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    That sarnie sounds delicious :drool I could just eat one but it's 9pm here and I'm trying not to eat before bed due to bizarre dreams and my flailing around on a night. Plus I'm trying to diet, trying being the word!! With the horses being turned out in the fields for the summer or the so called summer I'm not mucking them out. I do some other mucking out at the yard for other people so in winter I usually have 20 - 25 to muck out, but right now non so the pounds have piled on a little.

I bet your excited too :weee

How's the humidity holding now?

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    WOW ! Thats a ton of work and when its cold out must make it twice as hard to do. Son is insisting on pebbles . LOL told him thats not fair It will be what comes from the hat.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I didnt retest the humidity but the sponge is still wet. I wicked some water in with bowl and paper towel rolled up tight. seems to be holding well. chicks are drying and eggs are hatching. !!!!!!

7. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    That really is excellent news, I'm glad you've got the knack of it now and it must be right as things sound really good and you have them hatching well :highfive:

It's not too bad once you get the swing of things in winter, start with lots of layers on then once you get going you soon get a sweat on!! Order and routine with them is the key. Ice is the worst part of it, when taps freeze and it becomes a rink outside.

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Finally finished my hair and just sitting down to lunch. After all the talk earlier I chose Chik-fil-A! :celebrate :lau

AND they have free wifi so I'm browsing guilt free. :D

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I bought these things from a yard sale made of stryofoam that covers the spikets and supposed to keep them from freezing. I paid .25 dont know if they work as I never used them. LOL

10. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Free wifi is always a plus, now I have a phone that actually works I look for freebies!!

We have the pipes and the like lagged with insulator stuff, but you can be certain it will freeze a,d block up at a part that's not :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by