grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's suppose to rain here all day..so i went out early to clean the coop..i have poop boards under the roosts..and two tarps under the other two..i spray them off everyday..this morning one of the traps had a load of worms on it no poop just worms..i don't know which one it came from but i did put some de earth in their food.. i do this about once a month..should i worm them.or did the de earth help?

could the worms have come up out of the ground from all the rain you have had??

I have never wormed my chicken's and honestly have never seen any in the poo... maybe just my "charmed" life.

Beth's vet appointment went well I think? no more bandage just the cone of shame.... and instead of schedule appointment just drop in for quick looks at the foot so no more charges as well.
wee.gif

Last edited:
it's suppose to rain here all day..so i went out early to clean the coop..i have poop boards under the roosts..and two tarps under the other two..i spray them off everyday..this morning one of the traps had a load of worms on it no poop just worms..i don't know which one it came from but i did put some de earth in their food.. i do this about once a month..should i worm them.or did the de earth help?

Are you sure they were internal parasitic type worms? I am asking because given the description I am thinking you may have been seeing larvae from insects rather than internal parasites. I will occassionally get a heavy hatch of them (these seem to be those of some rather small gnat like flies) in the poop boards, especially during warm/wet weather.
DE is not something I view as having any significant benefit in regards to control of internal parasites - I know lots of folks have jumped on the bandwagon for DE, but I am not one of them with regards to any practical applications internally.

There was this Englishman who while at work with his mates mention he had a problem deciding which of the "birds" he was dating he should marry. One mate said that when ever he had life changing decisions and couldn't figure out the answer. He would go to the local catholic church , kneel down, close his eyes and pray really hard. The next day he showed up at work on 7th heaven. His mates wanted to know why he was so happy. He said He had followed the advice and prayed like he had never prayed before then he opened up his eyes and looked up And yes God had sent a message. He had written it across the window it said "Ave Maria" so that what he was going to do.

I believe its the Yorkshire or cockney areas that drop their "h's" when talking hense Have=ave

Last edited:
I have never wormed my chicken's and honestly have never seen any in the poo... maybe just my "charmed" life.

Beth's vet appointment went well I think? no more bandage just the cone of shame.... and instead of schedule appointment just drop in for quick looks at the foot so no more charges as well.
wee.gif

she hates that comb of shame ..i have seen worms before but i gave them wazine then two weeks later ivermectin..thats been awhile ago maybe a year..but i have new chicks now that have never been wormed ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom