grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, off to Grand Rapids to take our grandkids to the zoo. Hoping for a great day. Got up to 47* today, sun is shiny so hope it warms a bit for the little ones. Hope you all have a great day. Granny sure hope your pain has subsided. Newfie hope your pain & tiredness is better. TaTa

While I was drinking my coffee, I was watching World's Strangest. The segment was about implanting spider web genes into goat embryoes. Producing goats that produce an enzyme in their milk that can be made in to spider silk, through some scientific method that takes 48 hours of processing. The hope is that this spider web can be made in to ligaments to repair human joints that have been damaged. They expect to reach this goal in 5-7 years......

Where is that face plant emoticon? I need a whole herd of them!!!!

I have a migraine occassionally. Not nearly as often as I used to. My doctor put me on medication for blood pressure, they have nearly stopped. Perfume is a major cause. Lady Stetson can cause my head to hurt so badly that I can't see straight and my balance is affected. I got a bottle of it for Christmas one year and the entire day was ruined because I didn't realize the perfume caused my headache.
Wow, my family always thought I was strange or overreacting because we'd never heard of anyone else with this problem. I yelled at a clerk in Macy's who was about to spray me with a perfume sample. (They don't do that any more, thankfully) Mom was so mad at me for being rude, but just walking through the cosmetic section was hard enough. Makes eating out or going to the movies hard if someone sits near with too much perfume, and can be absolute torture on a plane. We even had to change delivery nurses when I was in labor with my first. She said she didn't have any perfume, but it must have been shampoo or laundry detergent. Too bad because I really liked her, very calm and mature. Ended up with a little cheerleader nurse for a replacement- never shut up the whole time.

morning, just wanted to say hi. more running today. perfumes close my lungs up. nasty stuff. The pain is mostly gone .
clap.gif

Twist, a yak question... are these the Tibetan types? Black, shaggy long hair and long horns, humpy shoulders? Wondering because I have the impression that "yak" in the US can mean other things, but I don't really know. Need some edumacation about it.

They are supposed to be yes with the humps on the bulls very pronounce as they get older and the big horns as well.

Then at 47. I started getting blind spots. I'd see shooting stars or sparkles and then part of one eye was covered in dark fog sometimes with fireworks in it. Sometimes I got it on one side or the other and very infrequently both eyes at the same time. Sometimes it was my whole field of vision and mostly it was just part. I couldn't see to do anything so I sat

i get them too doctor said the are migraines without the headache..but it sure messes with your vision then afterwards my face feels numb...they always last me about 20 minutes so i lay down till they pass..

it's suppose to rain here all day..so i went out early to clean the coop..i have poop boards under the roosts..and two tarps under the other two..i spray them off everyday..this morning one of the traps had a load of worms on it no poop just worms..i don't know which one it came from but i did put some de earth in their food.. i do this about once a month..should i worm them.or did the de earth help?

I get migraines as well not often Thank God but some are so bad with the dizziness, nausea, and pain that I fall down or throw up only thing that works for me is 800 mg straight ibudroprofin. Had a friend who used to get them. Dr's did all kinds of tests, evidently at the back of your skull the blood stream splits and goes either over your skull or inside it. Dr's told her if the migraine ever went on the inside she would be dead. Then a few years latter she went to the dentist and he noticed that her bite was off did some grinding and adjusting. viola no more migraine. GO FIGURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom