grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    yes i will

2. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    it's worms i will start their treatment today..

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    DE is good for insect control, not really worms. It kills bugs by scratching their hard exoskeletons causing them to dehydrate. It won't work when wet either, so don't think it has any effect on soft internal parasites. I put in nest boxes under the bedding as a mite deterrent and sprinkle it around anywhere I don't want ants. Won't hurt them to eat it. It's added to grain in storage to keep the bugs out, so I guess we all eat it too.

4. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i always put it in the nest boxes and under the bedding and on the roosts ..dont have problems with mites or ants..

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you have to toss the eggs for a while after the worming. you will notice bigger eggs and less food consumption as well.

6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Good evening Good evening :frow

I'm pooped today :caf

9 pm here and I'm ready for bed already!!

How's you today granny, hope your day is better today than yesterday. Sounds like you and real roller coaster of a day.

7. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i will scramble them and feed them to the chickens.. thats what i did last time

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Eggs that are gathered after worming really need to be thrown away, not fed to animals. There is wormer residue in those eggs.

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i am ok. sore muscles. I can deal with that. I got Norman Rockwell plate today for $2. it is walking through merrie Englande . thats how its spelled . I still need to go do the chickens. Frosty ate my carpet while we were gone today. that twice now.

10. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Merrie Englande, wow that must be old. Looks very old spelling.

My birds are all tucked up in bed, I've got my Mothers here while she is away in Turkey. That cockerel I gave her from Easter hatch is evil, it hates me with a vengeance. Stan the man may not be here when she gets back!! If it were mine it would have had the bullet by now. I dont want to upset her any more though as just before she went away the little brown pullet I gave her got out and her dog killed it. Then the dog took it in the house, shook it in the kitchen splattering blood all over the new units and feathers everywhere. She was in right state by the time I got round there.

Has Frosty just started doing the carpet eating? My little Kipler goes through stages of chewing things but then doesn't do it for month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by