grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Got to feed those boys somehow! Jasmine is just a type of long grain white rice. Think it comes from Thailand. It has a wonderful smell and better taste than other white rice. Very common here.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I just cant get DD off my mind.. I am worried about her yet i cant seem to bring myself to go see her. Am I a mom or a chicken ? I should be ashamed. I am going tomorrow . maybe I can get her to eat.

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    mine was hard. how do you fix yours ? this was boil in bag for 10 min. I though it easy to make

4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Do you have a Revere pan with a lid?

5. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I have a little rice cooker. Put in 2 cups rice, (rinsed really well), add water to fill line, put on the lid and hit the switch.
    My MIL would kill me if I tried feeding her son instant rice. I'd never hear the end of it!

Go see your daughter. Sounds pretty overwhelming what she is going through. Besides, nagging always makes me feel better.

6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi all, have had a busy day playing catch up after spending the day yesterday in Grand Rapids with my family. Had a great day with the grandkids at the zoo.

Enola really sorry to hear that Mike had to go to the ER again. Glad he didn't have to stay, but it is so maddening to read that it could have been avoided if his doctor had been doing his job. Sending prayers & a hug. Sure hope that something in both of lives starts going in a better direction. A new home, better job & better health. :hugs

Newfie how are you feeling? Sounds like your resting and that's good. Our bodies need rest to heal.

Camp how is your little hen doing?

Granny & Ol Mare, sounds like you gals are going to a large swap this next weekend. Bet you both come home with some new birds lol. Granny are you taking the Seramas to swap? I have never been to a swap. I don't even think they have such a thing in my area. At least I have never heard of any.

York, that was a nice looking fox that your hubby got.

Twist, haven't heard any noises from your coop this weekend. Last I heard you were doing some penetrating with your brother :lau

rir roost (Red), welcome to the coop, definitely keep a lookout for chicken math. It has a way of creeping up on ya lol.

I actually was a good girl this weekend. Gained 2 baby Silkies, but dropped 6 older hens off on my way to Grand Rapids on Saturday. I have a few more to slim down before the snow flys, but I'm getting there. Thank goodness I don't have swaps near me. Have a great night all.

7. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Granny, sorry to hear that your dd is in a bad flare. Why won't the doctors give her the meds she needs? Or treat her?

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I dont know what a revere pan is, Didnt know they made special things for rice to cook in. Mine wasnt instant ! it took 10 min.

My DD is way worse then you would think. gi dr. wont treat because she didnt get clearance from dentist. she has been on vicoden and tramadols for a couple yrs. and more. she is going through withdrawel now. the dr. I took her to was going to send her to rehab. I didnt let her. she called in tons of stuff to help with the withdraw. Its all bad stuff. 3 ativans a day, a patch , nausea med. I dont know what all. she is laying on the kitchen floor because it seemed like a good idea.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    as I was writing that I heard Tom crying out for Robert. I went in there and its his legs. cramps I am hoping. he takes 3 potassium pills a day.

10. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Sounds like your dd should be in the hospital. Isn't withdrawal like that dangerous?

Poor Tom!

You certainly don't lead a dull life.

Rice cooker takes about 25 mins. Rice can be hard if you don't add enough water, or mushy if too much, but it never burns, so I love that little cooker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by