grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    My son has it too. have you tried your friend on face book? thank you.

whos ready to get in trouble ? [​IMG] I feel like it but my mind is too tired to think of something to do. sometimes I say something im not supposed to on here then red flag myself. thats kinda funny.

1 person likes this.
  2. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I guess if you see it often enough you get hardened or it is too painful so you avoid noticing so you don't have to feel anything. If a kid grows up seeing a parent out of it, they consider it normal. They have no other role model.

It will be very hard but I am sure she can do it. My friend will answer any questions she wants to ask. Too many of them have been through it. Can you get the kid to stay with a friend or relative for a week or so? He wouldn't be there to see his mom in that shape. He has seen enough to be proud of her for getting clean. Sometimes it takes more than 1 try. Don't give up.

ASAP - talk to someone at AA or Narcotics Anonymous. They know where to point you. But she has to want the help.

1 person likes this.
  3. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Granny I feel so bad about your DD.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    the kid has no one but me and all I want to do is smack him. He needs to help at home with his brothers. he is doing nothing. I understand him being mad at her and she seemed the most "normal" to me when she was on the meds. He has been allowed too much freedom to make his own choices since he was but little .

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG]

This is Spazz. He was my gay rooster from way back. the 3 new ones i have look just like him except for the frizzle. 2 hens and a roo. all 3 are very friendly. I can walk up and pick them up and they snuggle right down without a squawk ! very pleased with them. I got DH out there today to see them for the first time and he said they were ugly ! the nerve of that man. [​IMG]LOL

1 person likes this.
  6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I'm so sorry granny, I didn't mean any disrespect with my comment on your GS. I wasn't aware she was passed out from low blood pressure. I didnt ask because I know you don't want to discuss it here.

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I have tried fb. No luck. When I was a teen my friend, lived across a field from me. Well one day I went to hos house and we were on the edge of the field looking back towards my house. He looked at me and said, look at that crooked trial you've made coming back and fourth to my house lol. I about wet my pants from laughing so hard.

8. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Yeah kids on their own have to fend for themselves too soon. We were the normal example to a lot of my kids' friends. They still come around and thank us for being there.

There has to be a way to get those kids out away from her until she is through this. Do you know of a friend who goes to church? A lot of us are suckers. Lol They or AA/NA may be able to send someone.

This is what frustrates me. When someone wants to get clean they get no help. There is someone somewhere!

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Lisa, I didnt see anything disrespectful. never apologize to me for speaking your mind. Its not that I didnt want to, Im not supposed to. [​IMG]

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    [​IMG] That's a hoot!

So your daughter was taking steroids, same thing that caused so many problems for you. If she can find a way to live without the steroids, it might help her in the future. It's the present that sucks so much right now. I promised myself not to rant about the health care situation, but I am so tired of hearing about how many people are now "covered" that weren't before. All that means is the insurance companies are getting a bigger cut. Having insurance is not the same as having health care. And I sure haven't seen anything affordable. (Like $733.35 for a child well check physical and 2 vaccines.) That $600 test could change your DDs life.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by