grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granny, put them chickens in boxes, arrange them on the back seat and take off!

I even hauled rabbits to my buyer in a car! Just think outside of the box.....
Was going to wait until I got thru all the posts before I commented, but I couldn't wait after reading your post enola. I have hauled so much stuff in my 98 Toyota Corolla, in fact we just hauled 6 hens to Manton in the back seat last Saturday. Last spring before my compost got going good I went to my BIL house and picked up a load of cow manure in a large tote & brought it home in the trunk of my car. It is my truck. Went to TSC Monday & picked up 4-50# bags of All Flock Raiser & 3 bales of shavings. Threw it all in the trunk & back seat. I guess if my car was newer I might not do that, but I've got to work with what I have.

how are you Lisa ?  do you like Twisteds yaks ?  everyone else does . They remind me of the cowboy and Indian movies . I was thinking along the line of cows and I see buffalo .   kinda took me by surprise. They are supposed to be tame.  I bet they are good eating.
I doing OK granny, have been canning tomatoes today. I love Twist yaks, praying he will be able to get them.

hi Lisa ! I have been smoking more . nerves are shot. as you can see i guess.  I do have a little sore throat now as well.
it sounds like you have a sinus infection. I understood right away when you mentioned the bad taste in your mouth. Your throat might be sore from the sinus drainage, but smoking extra doesn't help. I would absolutely love to light up. It takes everything I got not to and I've been quit for 9 years.

oh I hope he gets them too if thats what he wants. You fit all that stuff in your car ? how ? I dont think a bale of hay will go in this one. any tips of how I might get in and out of it ? without bending my ankle . smoking is a big waste of money. shoot that would almost be a car payment hu ?

oh I hope he gets them too if thats what he wants. You fit all that stuff in your car ? how ? I dont think a bale of hay will go in this one. any tips of how I might get in and out of it ? without bending my ankle .  smoking is a big waste of money.  shoot that would almost be a car payment hu ?
It is a big waste of money & horrible for your health, but I have never found ANYTHING that is as relaxing as a hit of a CIG when you are stressed out. My car is a older sedan style Toyota. It has a huge trunk & a big back seat.

Lost a 18 week old pullet today, yesterday a chick. The pullet has been making a honking noise for a really long time. I almost think she might have pick up something sharp while free ranging. Like it was stuck down in her throat or something. I went out to collect eggs after canning tomatoes all day and there she lay in the pen, rigor hadn't set in yet. She is now bait for the live trap. I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to put her down. Glad I don't need to now.

sorry to hear that. do they have a respiratory thing going on? Just heard from friend . she still didnt answer about the van BUT, bless her heart. she seen a wreck and has been the last 3 hours on scene with teens laying all over the road. Im not sure why so long but her and her husband was stopping blood flow to a few of them and stayed to help out after ambulance got there until responders showed up.

sorry to hear that. do they have a respiratory  thing going on?  Just heard from friend . she still didnt answer about the van BUT, bless her heart. she seen a wreck and has been the last 3 hours on scene with teens laying all over the road. Im not sure why so long but her and her husband was stopping blood flow to a few of them and stayed to help out after ambulance got there until responders showed up.
Oh that's horrible, hope they all will be OK. Hopefully tomorrow things will settle a bit and she will get back to you. No respitory stuff going on. Just that one making a honking noise. The chick just up and died in the bator yesterday morning. Have another one pipped tonight, we will see how this one does.

ohh new chicks !!! how many you have in there ? I had forgot about your bator going. some of them are just too weak and tired after hatch. was it in the bator very long after hatch ? good air flow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom