grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I am as bad as you lol. The veins were pretty much clear, tiny bit of red below the shell line. I'll watch it for a bit.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Night, sweet dreams :hugs

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    if it doesnt have the shell to push against im not 100% it can rip through just the membrane. hope so !

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    red, I was thinking about what you said about me being your mom. I was 30 when my son came 17 with my daughter . was at free clinics both times. there was one 9 yr. old and two 11 yr. old kids pregnant in there at the same time. pitiful but possible. You dont happen to have dyslexia do you ? LOL I never knew I did til i started posting here and realized how many words i wrote with the letters displaced. I usually have to fix one or 2 in every post i make.
    3 hrs sleep last night and i still am not tired but i am going to fight my 5 pillows for a while.
    Night all,[​IMG]

5. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Good night granny. I may have dyslexia. I hardly" ever go back and read my post because I'm to lazy to edit it and I know I'd be doing a lot of editing lol. Goodnight all. I'm gone too.

6. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    if you have a sore throat your doing it all wrong. [​IMG]

7. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Well, I missed a few pages! We have had lovely rain today. Enough to really wet things good and clean off the trees. Maybe close to half an inch. It has really helped the huge fire near us. Sure does make people stupid around here, though. It's like they're distracted by the novelty of water falling from the sky and they forget how to drive, or walk straight, or discover they forgot their wallet after letting the checker ring up a boatload of groceries in a very long line. (not me.... this time[​IMG])

Good night all! I am usually the last hold out here out west. I will keep watch for a little while longer.

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Hey Twist, how long until you seal the yak deal? And if I can be nosy, are they very expensive? More than cows, I would think. And are you planning on being a yak breeder, to sell the calves? Do they have yak shows? A standard of perfection? Just wondering what your plans are.

Out here, alpacas and llamas are fairly common. A few people have emus and there were some ostriches, but no one has a yak. It would be very exotic, which would appeal to the snooty types around here. Maybe I could start a new California fad! Wonder how many I could squeeze into my backyard...

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Back very strange weather here tonight. Thunder, lightening, and then cloud burst and hail. In Sept.

Beth was very busy in the yard today so she and I had a " Parade of Paddling " around the yard visiting all the holes. She then ran inside and went downstairs to pout for an hour or more.

The yaks are scheduled for their Vet testing on the 25 of sept (I hope they study hard) we are now in the price negosation stage. LOL This is my "reward" for not having a day off since May of 2014.

Did you all notice that Porter has and "earring" hope his is at least bi-sexual then. [​IMG]

10. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    How big of a backyard?? They say you can keep about 4 cow yaks on the same acreage need for a cow. They are pricey depending on if they are registered and color as well as size and a little bit to do with temperament. Also Wool type can play into the price as well.

He wants $20,000.00 for the whole hear of 5 cows and 1 bull none are related to each other, 3 are registered he claims the other 3 could be registered. I think California might be to hot/warm for them. Plan on breeding them and then selling excess other then the ones I keep for butcher or replacement. Yaks live 20 to 30 years. The prices are very fair to maybe a little high I know he mentioned to a friend that he had about $2,000.00 wiggle room on the price. So trying to get him to pay for shipping and the vet costs as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by