grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Granny is winning her pillow fight.

I always tell people I may be fat but its paid for. Refer to my gut as a party ball. Which is funny as I HATE beer. OR tell people I am preggers with a baby elephant, I know this because occasionally I see its "trunk" handing out.

JOKE:

2 bulls are at the top of the pasture 1 old bull and a young one, There is a hear of cows down below. They young bull says to the old one "lets run down the hill and have our way with a cow." The old bull responds with "NO lets amble on down and have our way with all of them"

So back to yaks you don't "fatten" them up with grain or anything. Before butchering just confine them and feed alpha or higher quality hay. So the meat is VERY VERY good for you. May have to name the bull calves after types/cuts of meat. Steak...Roast...If I keep 2 bull/steer calves can call them Ham and Burger. I just thought in a couple years I can have steak and eggs.
wee.gif
Home raised and healthy.

seem to be spending a lot time down in the storm drain haven't made it up to the curb all day. If you all know what I mean..
Uhmmm... errr....
idunno.gif

Oh, if storm drain = gutter I think I got it.

I wonder if Granny is winning her pillow fight.

I always tell people I may be fat but its paid for. Refer to my gut as a party ball. Which is funny as I HATE beer. OR tell people I am preggers with a baby elephant, I know this because occasionally I see its "trunk" handing out.
lau.gif
Oh my goodness!

My extra weight is my "emergency survival kit."
tongue.png
Skinny people are going to have a hard time when the big quake hits.

We raised and ate a couple of steers when I was a kid. They ranged and were fed grass hay, no grain. I remember the meat tasting very liver-y, which I didn't like at all. Healthy things never taste as good! Got old taste buds now, so probably wouldn't bother me.

My back yard is not big (less than an acre) so I think I'll have to wait for the miniature version. Dad still has the farm with 33 acres, but the fence situation is sad. There would be yaks on the run! The temps where I live in northern CA are not too bad. We had one week of around 100, but that was it. Most summer days in 80-90s and nights cool into the 50s with foggy mornings. But no snow. They look like they'd enjoy the snow.

Your plans sound good. You will be pretty self-sufficient when you get it all set up. I hope the deal goes through.

Twist I don't think the price sounds out of line. Good deal. And if they eat grass and hay then cheaper to feed.

Granny you can do a lot of miracles with those rubber bungee cords and a package of clothesline rope. If it's not too far I'd tie the hay on top of the car. Or fill the trunk with whatever and tie or bungee it. You can pack a lot in a trunk if you don't shut the lid all the way closed.

Don't you dare get rid of a car with low mileage! You might be able to sell parts off the van. The person takes them off themselves. You just hold your hand out for the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom