grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I *was* headed that way - but as I went through the kitchen to turn off lights I passed the back door and saw this little refugee on the porch....... We've walked the property and checked the ditch line up and down the road a fair bit and found no others or any mama dog looking for her, so looks like she'll be taking up residence in the master bath (my go-to quarantine room for all foundlings - sad that we use it often enough that it's routine at this point). Animal control won't be back in the office or reachable for pick-up until Monday morning. Poor thing is so nervous and timid, but she sure took a shine to DS (that's his lap she's in), she had a little food and a drink and curled up in his lap and was out like a light.
Omg she's so pretty. U gonna keep her?

Omg she's so pretty. U gonna keep her?

Yes, she is - but no, we won't. It's always tempting, but unfortunately the number of stray/dumped animals that show up around here most years would quickly over-run us. Good news is I really like our local shelter and the success/dedication they have to placement, so I'm not worried about this little one finding the right forever home.

Well, I *was* headed that way - but as I went through the kitchen to turn off lights I passed the back door and saw this little refugee on the porch....... We've walked the property and checked the ditch line up and down the road a fair bit and found no others or any mama dog looking for her, so looks like she'll be taking up residence in the master bath (my go-to quarantine room for all foundlings - sad that we use it often enough that it's routine at this point). Animal control won't be back in the office or reachable for pick-up until Monday morning. Poor thing is so nervous and timid, but she sure took a shine to DS (that's his lap she's in), she had a little food and a drink and curled up in his lap and was out like a light.
Sha babe! :love

Hey, so y'all remember all those eggs DH left in the coop? Well now I've got a broody sussex. :smack :smack

I don't really want to break her, but not sure if I want chicks? I asked DH and he said "I don't care" as usual. :/

So what do y'all think? Bad time of year for a broody?

Camping I wouldn't think there is a bad time for broodies/chick down in La.

Granny did you keep any serema's back at home or sell the whole works.

Pup's and young dogs always seem to find homes and if she is such a cuddler I am sure she'll get a good.one.

Fixed the lights out front of the motel today. Mowed the yard and picked a bunch of stuff from the garden that "got" away on me and sent out to the hen's Also picked about 5 galloons of fallen apples some were full of wasps but they were either drunk or so full of apple that they couldn't fly right and staggered when trying to walk.

I always have oats (whole) and layer feed in trough on legs for oats and hanging feeder for the layer. I think the layer is about $12.00 for 50 pounds right now and then I get an additional 10% discount for paying cash/check on the spot. This is through our local elevator they make their own feed here in Dickinson.

Beth got to go on a stroll of spankings around the yard today visiting each and every hole she dug in the past 2 days. What gets' me is she know she shouldn't and that "this is gonna hurt" I walked the yard scoop poop before mowing and she was on the deck watching found a hole and looked at her, she bolted thru the pet door and ran to the kitchen trying to convince Robert to protect her and she was totally innocent of any wrong doing, Keep in mind she had dirty/muddy front paws.

Say York
if you sold or otherwise got rid of all of you roosters how are you going to raise and sell more chicks??? I don't think you can find a vet to A.I. your hens.
lau.gif
Maybe a personals add. Lonely Hen/chick in search of a randy rooster.

Well I am off to bed.

Glad everyone had a good day and all are back in their coops safe and sound.

Sweet dreams and Warm fuzzies.

Thank you to all the comments and congrats on me making it to 1000 posts.
bow.gif

Fixed the lights out front of the motel today.  Mowed the yard and picked a bunch of stuff from the garden that "got" away on me and sent out to the hen's  Also picked about 5 galloons of fallen apples some were full of wasps but they were either drunk or so full of apple that they couldn't fly right and staggered when trying to walk.

I always have oats (whole) and layer feed in trough on legs for oats and hanging feeder for the layer.  I think the layer is about  $12.00 for 50 pounds right now and then I get an additional 10% discount for paying cash/check on the spot.   This is through our local elevator they make their own feed here in Dickinson.

Beth got to go on a stroll of spankings around the yard today visiting each and every hole she dug in the past 2 days.  What gets' me is she know she shouldn't and that "this is gonna hurt"  I walked the yard scoop poop before mowing and she was on the deck watching found a hole and looked at her,  she bolted thru the pet door and ran to the kitchen trying to convince Robert to protect her and she was totally innocent of any wrong doing,   Keep in mind she had dirty/muddy front paws.   
Maybe she was trying to cover up a hole that something else dug lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom