grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I'm a lazy chicken keeper - I prefer the simplest approach so I use a hanging feeder that is accessible to the birds 24/7 (not that they use it at night) which holds the main ration.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I almost asked, but was afraid that might be the answer ----- please look out for yourself and be seen if that doesn't change.

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Good night granny. Hope things are better tomorrow. Take care!

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    That's pretty good on feed then. I keep feed down all the time too but it seems like I go thru more flock raiser than that a month. I don't feed additional cracked corn though. I don't really have large breed birds either. I just feel like I'm always buying feed lol

5. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    How much are they wasting? Depending on the birds and the type of feeder you can lose a LOT to wastage.

6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Night granny, hope you pee your pants tomorrow lol. If not you better go see the doctor OK. Sweet dreams!

7. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I have hanging feeders in their coops & I use like a dog dish outside under the coop. Those I only add feed when they have cleaned the ground good around them so I don't end up with moldy feed. The All flock raiser is a crumble. Have found that there is so much less waste then when I used a pelleted feed. I spent more time scooping the pelleted kind up when I pooper scooped than what they ate.

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Looks like everyone went to bed. Thats where I'm headed. Night all!

9. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Good night all. Been reading in the learning center. Alot of useful information for a newbie like me. Granny if it's kidney stones, I really feel for you. I've seen where you've had them more than once. So sorry and I hope you feel better soon. I've only had them once and that was one to many. Feels like you're missing sand spurs if you pass them. Not the little brown dried up ones but the big hard purplish ones.

10. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Well, I *was* headed that way - but as I went through the kitchen to turn off lights I passed the back door and saw this little refugee on the porch.......[​IMG]
    We've walked the property and checked the ditch line up and down the road a fair bit and found no others or any mama dog looking for her, so looks like she'll be taking up residence in the master bath (my go-to quarantine room for all foundlings - sad that we use it often enough that it's routine at this point). Animal control won't be back in the office or reachable for pick-up until Monday morning. Poor thing is so nervous and timid, but she sure took a shine to DS (that's his lap she's in), she had a little food and a drink and curled up in his lap and was out like a light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by