grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

2. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Granny, I want your bedroom and closet and especially your bathroom. This house has tiny bathrooms, the kind where you have to squeeze out of the way just to get the door shut. If any of us had a mobility problem, we'd have to take off the door. Or tear down a wall. At least with tiny closets and bathrooms there is less to clean. That's how I make myself feel better.

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I never cease to be amazed at the energy of young boys. I spent two months baby sitting 3 year old and a 5 year old. I was mentally, physically and emotionally drained when I got home. How did I take care of 4 kids, the house, the cooking, the laundry, the farm, a kennel full of dogs and a rabbitry with 28 breeding does? Mind boggling to say the least!

4. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry to hear you had heart problems. That can sure put your plans down the porcelain wishing well. I'm missing the ducks, but do have plenty of horse manure. I planted very little this year and last due to severe water restrictions. We're supposed to have a wet winter [​IMG] so I'm going to plant a small straw bale garden for fall/winter. No weeding either!

Oh that? My friends torment me on FB about my attempts to keep my chickens cool and post some pretty funny pics on my page. I stole it.

5. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you! Ya'll are a crack up! And real and kind too!

6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Good afternoon everyone, just checking in. Kids are keeping me very busy & I have a nasty headache to boot. Thanks for the laughs, needed them, bbl

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

It is mind boggling for sure!! How you do it I'm not sure, I think it's something pre programmed Into you as a mother and you just keep going and going and going and going.........

4 kids and all that is quite a task enola, but you have come through it!! I have 1 kid and that was enough for me, I just can't imagine the chaos if I had 4!!

8. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi there @Mutt Farm

Nice you could join us, will you still be over in the new members too?

Afternoon @ChickenLady2014 Hope your feeling better soon and the headache passes, have you taken something for it? :hugs

9. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

I need one of those closets just for the other half!! He has more clothes than me, very sad I have to say :gig
    Then to top things off I come home one afternoon and he's only gone and moved my clothes out of one of the wardrobes and bolted a new gun cabinet in there :barnie
    He never thought where all the clothes were going to go :idunno Typical of him, do then think after!!

10. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    York, I hope Brenda recovers. At least she is eating and not in shock. What kind of dog does your mum have? Some are not so good with chickens. My little beast, Scooter, wanted go after the chickens, so I kept them separate. Once he got in their pen and was wreaking havoc. I couldn't catch him and he chased some hens into the coop run. The only way I could quickly reach was to shove myself through the pop door with a stick. Of course I got stuck at the hips halfway through the door. [​IMG] Imagine me yelling on hands and knees with my a$$end hanging out of the run, chickens screaming and flapping all over, Scooter gleefully barking and ripping feathers and having a grand old time. He finally got close enough (when there wasn't a chicken in my face) and I smacked him across the back with the stick- not hard, but thought I murdered him, the way he reacted. He came over to me crying and sniveling. He didn't know I did it, he thought one of the hens got him! [​IMG] It completely cured him of chicken chasing. I even leave him out alone with the Seramas now. He protects them from the evil wild quail, which he still chases, but can never catch.
    (Just for the record, that's the only time Scooter has been hit since he showed up here 5 yrs ago.)
    [​IMG]
    untrustworthy Scooter

[​IMG]
    one big happy family

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by