grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats danna ! I hope you love it !
Mutt, thanks for the links. the ASPCA was very nice. while reading i thought if I take her for a walk and ask Robert to come with, in case I cant. maybe he will like it and decide he will give it a go. after I "decide" I cant do it. LOL

i do like it granny but it has already crashed once on here while i'm catching up i think it has something to do with byc..

Aww Roost....I am blushing. :)   I will always be here to help when I can. 

I do ok. Sometimes I need a hug and sometimes I am too busy to think about needing a hug.

But here is a cyber hug for all of you, and extras for you Roost. You are such a sweet heart. :hugs  And so are the rest of you. :hugs
Two crows I'll have to learn how y'all give hugs a make all them face emblems. Or what ever they're called lol. Hugs right back at you.

Granny I meant to tell you what my shirt said that you seen on Facebook. It was a picture of Elmo with a mustache twisting the ends of it saying (this might tickle ) and underneath it read (just saying ).

Thanks mutt, that's more of what I mean. Current pup is spayed. Having new pup unfixed (just until it happens!) might be helpful.

DH is talking about this one a bit more. I'm keeping my mouth shut. But at one point I mentioned weekend plans and he said "but what if we have that dog?" So I feel like this may be happening. :fl

Our recent dog history: got a "free to good home" yellow lab as newly weds. He was 1, not fixed, not house trained, only knew how to "shake." Monster. :love He moved with us through two camps and three states. Perfect camp pup. When he was 8 he went for a romp in the woods and never came back. We were DEVASTATED. Searched shelters, as recently as a few months ago.

We couldn't face a summer without a pup, so we got Jewel the Weimrador. Free to good home, 6 weeks old.

Right after Jewel turned 2 we lost Dolly, my cavalier. She was only five. I was heartbroken. Jewel lost her mind, started growling at people, having accidents, etc. luckily I convinced DH to keep going and she came out fine after she grieved.

SO since it was MY dog that does it was MY turn to pick a new one. But it was camp time, so DH said "Jewel is your dog now." I bought her a pink collar and painted her toenails. :lau

And that's why DH gets all the say in this one. It's his replacement camp buddy. Jewel likes DH, but she loves me more. She's an introvert. :love

Not to butt in or anything. LOL...But does anyone else here hate to go grocery shopping? I just got back from town. Town seems like a million miles away anymore. I had to pick up some chicken feed too. But geez....if I could afford to pay someone to shop for me, I would do it in a flash!! Shopping is the most annoying thing I can think of doing. Oddly enough I love to EAT this food, but I sure don't like going to get it!!
lol.png

Sorry for the rant. I hope everyone is having a nice day!

I actually quite enjoy grocery shopping - when it's on my terms. I am getting back into meal planning/grocery shopping after having gone several months off my usual routine. When I don't plan it gets crazy because I find myself having to stop almost every night after work and try to figure out what I'm there for and what is for dinner, etc - it's frustrating and stressful. Now, when I plan I have my list, I have my coupons, I know what I'm going for and where it is and I can go on my terms. It's a relaxing activity for me when I do it my way.
That said, I absolutely HATE HATE HATE shopping for other things like clothes, etc.

I actually quite enjoy grocery shopping - when it's on my terms.  I am getting back into meal planning/grocery shopping after having gone several months off my usual routine.  When I don't plan it gets crazy because I find myself having to stop almost every night after work and try to figure out what I'm there for and what is for dinner, etc - it's frustrating and stressful.  Now, when I plan I have my list, I have my coupons, I know what I'm going for and where it is and I can go on my terms.  It's a relaxing activity for me when I do it my way.
That said, I absolutely HATE HATE HATE shopping for other things like clothes, etc. 
Ole mare if you were closer I'd make a list and pay you to go do the grocery shopping when ever you felt like it lol. Think I'd rather pull a tooth with pliers.

and that. LOL I tried to take a stray to the pound when I first moved here and they put me on a waiting list. never did call me back. I dont know if it is the same now or not.

You are in the wrong county! I have to say, I have never lived in an area where there was such a disparity from one county to the next as far as shelter system, etc -- it is insane! Jefferson, Scott and Jackson are all really nice.

I have to go shove some meds down a chickens throat. Carry on everyone and I will be back later!
smile.png

Always a fun way to spend an evening, lol.

@Dannachic -- woohoo, yay for a new toy!

LOVING this cooler weather, DH (the wuss) is "freezing" and I'm in a t-shirt and shorts running around wanting to be like Julie Andrews doing "The hills are alive, with the sound of muuuussiiiic", lol. It just needs to get a *little* colder to kill off this last big bloom of flies, they are EVERYWHERE, blech! Someone is coming tomorrow night to look at my mare - they sound really interested (driving some 2+ hours) so I'm kind of hoping they break the cardinal rule of horse shopping and bring their trailer with them -- if I'm going to do this it needs to be a "rip the band-aid off" situation where it just is and she is gone and there's no time to think twice about it. It sounds like a great situation - a young adult woman looking to take her and put some miles on her but she is primarily for the 10 year old sister to use in 4-H. I can't tell you the last time I was even on the darn horse, and she's just sitting out there in the field eating money and going to waste......

Quote: X2 If you are looking to protect your property from coyotes, a male un-nuetered dog is the way to go. Marking that territory will have an effect on coyotes coming around. Even my nuetered male seems to keep the coyotes out of the yard. They used to come prowling around the coop and quail aviaries all the time and since having the dog around, they don't come in the yard anymore even though their den is about 200 feet from the property.

I actually quite enjoy grocery shopping - when it's on my terms. I am getting back into meal planning/grocery shopping after having gone several months off my usual routine. When I don't plan it gets crazy because I find myself having to stop almost every night after work and try to figure out what I'm there for and what is for dinner, etc - it's frustrating and stressful. Now, when I plan I have my list, I have my coupons, I know what I'm going for and where it is and I can go on my terms. It's a relaxing activity for me when I do it my way.
Oh I HATE that too!!! Shopping for ANYTHING is annoying. As bad as grocery shopping is, I would much rather shop for groceries than clothes.
barnie.gif

Ole mare if you were closer I'd make a list and pay you to go do the grocery shopping when ever you felt like it lol. Think I'd rather pull a tooth with pliers.
gig.gif

If you are pulling my tooth out with pliers, I will gladly do the grocery shopping!!!
hide.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom