grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Ah Ha!

Well if you're up for a challenge...you're absolutely right. Dogs are labeled as bad, but no one ever tried to teach them good. At least, if you and Robert try to make a go of it, you will know you did your best if it just didn't work. Is it possible for you to try the house-training suggestions? I'm not suggesting tying her up or crating all day, only if she does not go outside or after 2 hrs loose to teach her that she can hold it. If she's never been in a house, she really has no idea that she can resist the urge. Do you have a dog crate?
    I was thinking, If she's too much for you to leash walk, maybe a short tie out cable (say 10 ft) that you could hook her to right close to the door rather than holding the leash? Still stand out there to be ready to reward and unhook her as soon as she does her potty?
    Or, do you have anything you could fashion into a "pen" to put her in till she goes?
    Wish I lived up the road, I love a challenge too.

K. Here's a couple links for potty training
    http://www.fspca.org/images/CanineHousetraining.pdf
    http://www.fspca.org/images/CanineHousetraining2.pdf
    https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/house-training-your-adult-dog

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thank you for the links mutt. I will get busy with them. [​IMG]
    Leyla ! so nice to hear from you . I miss you much. I know being a mod . is a ton of work. hows the ol man? I hate shopping with a passion ! grocery, clothes, dont matter. I rather not.
    You kill yourself shopping walking through those big stores, pay way more then its worth, come home and put it all away, spend the time cooking it then POOF gone in 60 seconds and your left with another big mess. I cant wait for the day pizza hut or just anyone will start delivery in my area ! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i just got it today..so far i like it ..sure better than the old one..i do think its same as going postal lol...

5. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    she is pretty..how long before the horn grows back?

6. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    so sorry melon..

7. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    so sorry roost..thats hard to do.we are here for you if you need to talk or anything

1 person likes this.
  8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    congrats danna ! I hope you love it !
    Mutt, thanks for the links. the ASPCA was very nice. while reading i thought if I take her for a walk and ask Robert to come with, in case I cant. maybe he will like it and decide he will give it a go. after I "decide" I cant do it. LOL

9. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Random thought: do y'all think having a boy dog around will be a better coyote deterrent than the girl dog?

10. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

You're welcome granny. I feel a little stuupid. It took me a bit to type it all out and find my links to try to help you after I got back on, I hit submit, and this dog training dissertation of mine dropped onto the page right in the middle of a grocery shopping discussion. Awkward...I felt like a [​IMG] that should [​IMG] X10!
    Hi @TwoCrows [​IMG] Has it cooled off over there yet? It's a nice cool 98 here today. I would rather scrub the kennels with a toothbrush than buy groceries. (If I do that, I always fantasize that it's my ex-es). My own fault, I wait till there is nothing to make anything out of, then it's a day long project at the commissary and putting it all away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by