grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry for your loss Red. Im sure today was very hard on you.
hugs.gif

Mutt, no background and not much chance of a future. LOL everything the last owned has told me about her has been a lie. she is a mountain curr best guess one yr. she is hand shy, hyper, stubborn,. I have had her about a month i think. she came to me as an outside farm dog. wont jump on you, great with chickens, wont leave home/property, good with kids, never been in a house, and about 2 1/2 yrs. old. ALL lies except she seems to love the kids especially at dinner time. she knows her way around a house beds, couch, blankets. she is afraid of linoleum but coming out of that. she is very strong and she will jump on me when she knows i am awake and i cant make her get down. she wants to play and i do sleep with another dog. she is too rough for the other dog and she will dive under the bed never messes at night. she averages once a day to either poop or pee in the front room. i have open floor plan house so no closing doors. I put her out back in the fenced area and she will jump fence. if i dont let her in the front she will jump back and try that door.

Robert just admitted he is "a little attached " to Lily. was kinda hoping he would say no. as this is the first dog he has liked i guess i need to try harder. Hoping Mutt can help me out. on leash all day isnt going to work for us.

Tell Robert the problem, show him Mutt's post with all the advice, and see if he will go for it. If he's willing to try for the dog's sake, including feeding her and cleaning up accidents, then great. Might be good for him to have something depending on him. If it's just too much, then at least he will understand the difficulties and not feel so attached. Be easier on him if you find her a new place, but I know it will still be hard on you.

I go through this with my son and his cockatiel. He complains about the bird constantly, and I always have to remind him of proper care, but when I get ready to rehome it, he has a change of heart and steps up. Lasts for a couple of weeks each time.
roll.png
(<— That eye roll isn't quite big enough for me!)

Sorry you're still feeling crappy today. Post the phone # for the Dr's office and we can group-nag them into making your appointments!

Yikes! Remind me what we like about this hooligan farm animal? Sorry, just sayin... Sounds like she has ZERO respect or manners. Have you ever tried crating or tethering her? Is your front room carpet? IMO, I'd put a stop to the bed thing right now. She's going to hurt you. Need to bring dogs in, it's 98 beg. I'll do some thinking and typing after that. Be back.

ETA 98 deg not beg stupid fingers

Last edited:
Red, not the best day, I'm sure, but hope it went well for what had to happen.
Hugs to you
hugs.gif
and a sassy bunny in memory of your grandma's sense of humor.
bun.gif

Yikes! Remind me what we like about this hooligan farm animal? Sorry, just sayin... Sounds like she has ZERO respect or manners. Have you ever tried crating or tethering her? Is your front room carpet? IMO, I'd put a stop to the bed thing right now. She's going to hurt you. Need to bring dogs in, it's 98 beg. I'll do some thinking and typing after that. Be back.

You missed what happened with Lily. Granny always wanted a hound and a man was looking for a home for this dog. He made the dog sound wonderful, so granny took her on trial, the man saying he would take her back if it didn't work. When granny tried to return the dog (about a week later, I think), the man wouldn't take her back. So granny is stuck. Dog isn't a good fit and granny is too kind hearted to take her to the pound. No easy choices here.

because I am up for a challenge and she has never been taught anything. She has been passed along from one to the next because no one has tried. I want to give her a chance. my son is autistic, he had a therpy cat for about 13-14 yrs. I dont remember how long. it taught him to say I will miss you. to say love and to cry. he never changed its litter, he wont blow his nose he wont pick up messes. It makes him throw up. I took care of his cat all these many yrs. because i knew what it was doing for him. For him to even reach his hand out and touch this dog is pretty **** cool. she left my room today and headed straight for him. jumped on him waking him up and I heard a giggle. something i dont hear often. thats why she needs a chance and Robert helps some with her . its about all I will get from him for now. he stays up at night and would sleep through her potty times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom