grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    camping I think females make better protectors. its in their blood from having pups. but as far as chasing predators I dont know if that would apply or not.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i do that a lot Mutt .. sometimes i reply and its 3 pages back. LOL cant be helped.

3. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Atta girl! You are the wise one. [​IMG] Wish there were classes to clicker train a DH!

4. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks two crows. I hope Tillie and the rest of your flock keeps improving. For those of you that don't know, two crows is the one that helped me save my favorite hen. It was my first post and she stuck by me so much ,it was like she was right beside me. Two crows I don't know how you manage all that you do and being a mod too. You helped me every step of the way and I'm eternally grateful. Hope you have a wonderful night.

1 person likes this.
  5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello my dear! Hubby is hanging in there. Has some bad arthritis in his shoulder and it's getting harder for him to work.

As for the shopping, I think my problem is just that....things are so darn expensive these days and I feel guilty spending the money!! [​IMG]

Pizza delivery.....that ain't gonna happen out here either! The few things I miss about city living is pizza delivery and mail delivery. Everything else can stay where it is away from my isolation. [​IMG]

HOLY CROW....98 degrees???? I think our highest temp this summer was 84 degrees. [​IMG] And I thought WE were hot!! Ha! (we are up in the mountains at 7,000 feet) A cool down is coming this weekend and is gonna be highs of 60 next week! [​IMG]

Move over....let me help you scrub those kennels....Got an extra toothbrush?

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Camping I think maybe bigger is better so male. More able to fight something off.

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I think I remember that now lol. Y'all talked about what it meant to all of y'all. I like it! Had to give twist a hard time though lol. My perverted mind can mess up anything.

8. TwoCrows

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

9. TwoCrows

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I have to go shove some meds down a chickens throat. Carry on everyone and I will be back later! [​IMG]

10. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

In theory, an un-neutered male is best. Their marking and urine odor says "everything beyond this smell is MINE". They also tend to protect a much larger perimeter. Females are more apt to attract if not spayed, won't urine mark their property lines, just don't want predators near what they feel they need to protect.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by