grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Hi Jane. Welcome.

2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Me too. Hopefully it won't be to bad . Can they go anywhere safer.? Two crows I'm still praying that tillie will make a full recovery. Hope it's not cancer. :hugs

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome - that's my kind of menagerie!!!

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    That's good granny, otherwise you probably would try running it down the road lol. When I was in my late teens had to drive my older brother around occasionally because he had lost his license. Well one of his cars had bad breaks & he conveniently didn't tell me until I started driving it that the breaks were shot. I was taking him to his probation appointment & he had to show up or go back to jail. So every time we came up to a light I had to throw the car in reverse in order to get it stopped. Long story short, car didn't last long. Sorta hard on the tranny. Refused to drive him again unless it was with one of my parents vehicles.

5. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Guess you didn't know to try the E brake.

6. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    You're absolutely welcome to be here and jump in with whatever, whenever. I mean, as far as my opinion goes. ;) I value your dog opinions and advice!
    Welcome jane! Glad to see you're catching up! :highfive: Sometimes I have to skip lots of pages to stay current. :oops:

7. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I never learned that you could use the e brake til about a year ago. just figured they were useless unless it was a stick and you were on a hill. Newfie, what is in cook and serve pudding that would be so bitter it makes your eyes close ? I know i get it by cooking it too fast and not dissolving but i wonder what it is ?

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Well, my sweet Yahzi is off to start the next chapter in her life - my heart is feeling a bit heavy, but is also feeling happy because this was *the* right fit for her (I won't hesitate to refuse a sale or placement of an animal if it doesn't feel right - have done so several times). She is now officially the much loved pony partner of a 10 year old girl - and every pony deserves to be loved by a little girl at least once in their life. They could not have been a better family - we had so much in common (and even spent several minutes talking about chickens, lol) and I felt right in my heart that this is a good thing.
    Poor Aero is beside herself and it is likely going to be a long night listening to her call for her friend -- my apologies to the neighbors [​IMG]. Everyone from myself to DS and even DH has made her a promise to be her new best friend. I forsee lots of cookies and loves and scratches in her future and DD will be home next weekend, hopefully cleared to begin riding again as she has a neuro appointment Monday.

10. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    you are not a loud mouth..i love your stories..that was so nice of her and the fruit looks yummy..there are still good people around and she is one of them..times have changed crime is everywhere it is scary..my sis in tn just told me she went to krogers and two men followed her to her car wanting to help her with her groceries..she said no thank you and took her buggy of groceries back in the store and got a stock boy to go with her to her car..she had heard they are doing that then either take your car or groceries,i told her to quit going alone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by