grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I'm ok because I'm kinda deep in the woods and nothing but family around me . It saddens me that most of the US is like this now

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    oh before i go, Jane, what grade did you teach ? Always had a fascination for science . never learned much though. LOL

3. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Goodnight granny. Hope you sleep well and have a better day tomorrow. :hugs

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Oh my goodness, what a well timed turn of events -- I was feeling a bit down about Yahzi and all of the sudden DH pokes his head in the back door and says, "Hey, come see what the cat drug in - no, really, come see what Mojo found" -----------so I went and looked and, Nacho-kitty is back!!!! Okay, back story, Nacho-kitty is this lovely blue boy who technically belongs to our neighbor but who thinks he lives at our house (their dog chooses to live with our other neighbor - the kids at the house the belong to are just plain MEAN to them both, can't say I blame them for choosing to leave). Nacho came to us about a year ago, and that was also courtesy of Mojo. I was out at the barn and Mojo came up out of the woods.....with Nacho following behind. I kid you not, it was like one of those, "Hey, mom, this is my new friend. Can he come play?" As for the name, Nacho is a name given to many animals - it started when my nephew had found a puppy and asked my sister, "What will we name it?" and she said, "Nacho- because he is not-yo dog"
    Anyway - about a couple of months ago I realized I hadn't seen Nacho for a few days....then it was a week and eventually I made peace with the fact that he was probably just gone for good. The neighbor didn't even notice the cat had disappeared until I made mention of it one day (a good three weeks from the last time *I* had seen him).
    Yep, I was heartbroken at the thought that someone else's cat had met a bad end -- but, apparently he was just out tomming, yet another reason to spay/neuter.
    So, one friend has left but another has returned.

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Y'all just need to come down here. SWLA. Hardworking folk, salt of the earth. Even our Mardi Gras is family friendly. I mean, we have problems too. But I think the good outweighs the bad.

Except summer. Summer is straight heck on earth. ;) BUT it never ever snows. :D

6. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Chicken Obsessed

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    7 thru 12 and community college adjunct professor mostly biology.

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Love it!!

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Think I may try to go to bed too. Goodnight all.

9. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Goodnight all.

10. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you everybody for being so welcoming. I go train on a couple dogs, do some chores and I'm 10 pages behind! Sorry I can't quote everybody but I read every post and thank you from my heart. It's nice to read up on your adventures, struggles, new dog, pony finds a great home, etc. See the beautiful pics (and the fugly ones) Gotta run dogs again and eat, 7:30 ish, just now hear the coyotes starting up. I'll stalk later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by