grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    .......and you thought *you* might be talking too much????? [​IMG]

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] See??? Thank you for posting ! Yahzi left, Nacho returned.

3. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd get there, but the weather! Looking to get the heck outta here!

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Sure, it's hot... But it's a super humid, soaking wet kind of hot! Totally unbearable!

No, but really. I pretty much love it. I lived in Kentucky for a few years in high school, and one day they were all complaining about their frizzy hair in the super high humidity. Checked the weather: yep, humidity in the high 80s. Went outside: haha, what? Sometimes I think the shower is less humid than the back yard.

It's endearing. :love

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    That's a great fruit basket! Pic would make a beautiful jigsaw puzzle. I recognize the little pineapple guavas, but what are the larger yellow-green fruits? Different type of guava?
    It's sad that your area is starting to have those kind of problems. Especially since you've been there so long and knew better times. I don't like change. I want to go back 45 years when this town only had 30,000 people rather than the 175,000 here now. A lot of the problems come with increased population density. I do think that most people are good, but are kind of keeping to themselves. It's isolating. Hard to be trusting when you see so much wrong all around. Funny how such small gestures mean so much. I would love to see her garden.

6. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I think that is backwards. You need a colored egg laying hen with a brown egg roo. but since I am 150 posts behind I will probably find out this as already been discussed. LOL

7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    you can buy an electric hose, they are pricey but mine worked a treat last winter even in NorthDakota. I works on the same principle as heat tape on pipes but molded into the hose. result no frozen hose or hauling of water.

8. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    jane s chickens! You finally posted. Yay! I've been seeing your name on here for quite awhile and it's nice to finally meet you (virtually speaking). Great that you can give your grandson a country life. Good way to grow up.

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

10. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Long day for me. Time to hit the hay. G'nite Twist. You must be trying to catch up. Or else fell asleep and will have keyboard marks on your cheek in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by