grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    What has happened to growing old gracefully? My grandma is in her 80's and I can't imagine her ever like that!!

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    so trying to turn herself into a golden raisin. But you do have to admire the fact that she doesn't care how she looks. Or you could take a very unflatering pic and slip it under her door maybe she doesn't realize what it looks like, but that would be mean, I wouldn't do such personally. Just think the thought usually never carry out the deeds.

3. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    And she might think that she has an admirer. Lol

4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    [​IMG] to true might encourage her to wear even less.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

My grand mother died 30 years ago. I still miss her. But, memories of her make me smile. I like to think I am a lot like her. Probably wishful thinking.....

Treasure your memories. She is smiling down on you from above now.

2 people like this.
  6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I despise shopping. Most of my clothes come from thrift stores. And I wear them until they fall off of me. Now take me to a home improvement store or tack shop and I am in second heaven!!!!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    She was one of the reason my other neighbor thought he needed to enlighten me about my hat. I was on the lawn tractor mowing the front yard when he tooled over on his lawn tractor to tell me that I wore the ugliest hat & that I should get a new one like a baseball cap. Truth be told it was a ugly hat. Skin cancer runs in the family & I'm very fair skinned so I wear a floppy hat that covers my ears when working outside (which by the way I do a lot of) I told him that I didn't wear a baseball cap because of skin cancer (have already had one precancerous mole removed) and that he would just have to get over it or don't look across the road. He said, "well its bad enough that I have to look at the old lady next door in her skimpy attire, but I shouldn't have to look at that hat of your" This peed me off, we have never had any problems with this neighbor before this point so for about a year. Every time I headed outside I always made a point to walk out the front door carrying the hat. Then I would forcefully plant it on my head and go about my business. I guess it was my way of flying the middle finger lol. About a year later I found a nicer & more attractive hat so I purchased it. Then I waited for dark one night & walked to the end of his driveway where he had 2 gargoyles on each side of the drive. I proceeded to plant the ugly hat on the head of the gargoyle. Never saw that ugly hat again :lau

1 person likes this.
  8. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    We have water at the farm [​IMG] The well man found 2 or 3 breaks in the pipe, fixed those and put in new hydrant. But he was in hurry so we have to do some of the back fill and leveling of the dirt. Drain man was here at the motel unplugged 2 tubs. Found a ink pen about half the size of a normal with a very fuzzie or feather covered top (acutally part of the pen) Who uses a pen in the bathtub and then wouldn't fish it out if they did drop. [​IMG]

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    now THAT'S the way to get even/ get your point across.!!!!!!![​IMG] NO harm or foul and you both ended up satisfied. I bet he took great pleasure in removing the hat from the gargoyle and his field of vision. [​IMG]

10. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    The brother of the orginal owner of the farm stopped in on Thursday. He bs'd for over an hour. Lots of useful information about how the place used to be and what not. Turns out he is related to my "good neighbor" he didn't have a nice thing to say about his relative either. Have yet to find anyone who likes my "good neighbor" or has anything nice to day about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by