grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise shopping. Most of my clothes come from thrift stores. And I wear them until they fall off of me. Now Rae me to a home improvement store or tack shop and I am in second heaven!!!!
I depise shopping as well, unless it's a garage sale or a thrift shop. Now those places I love to shop, never know what kind of treasures you can find. Shopping for clothes is the worst punishment for me. Not a fan of my size so I definitely won't go to a store & pay $40 for a shirt. Even if we had the money, I hate paying full price for anything. What clothes I have are literaly rags. I have come to the end of the line with them & will be forced to purchase some new clothes soon. I have not been fortunate enough to find any I like or in my size at the thrift stores I frequent.

So york your gran lived through the blitz does she talk much about how tings used to be. You should record them for Charlie. Makes history more real if you know some one who was there for it.

We have water at the farm :celebrate   The well man found 2 or 3 breaks in the pipe,  fixed those and put in new hydrant.  But he was in hurry so we have to do some of the back fill and leveling of the dirt.   Drain man was here at the motel   unplugged 2 tubs.  Found a ink pen about half the size of a normal with a very fuzzie or feather covered top (acutally part of the pen)   Who uses a pen in the bathtub and then wouldn't fish it out if they did drop.  :idunno
dumb@sses

I despise shopping. Most of my clothes come from thrift stores. And I wear them until they fall off of me. Now Rae me to a home improvement store or tack shop and I am in second heaven!!!!

Absolutely hate shopping too!! But the same as you a nice tack shop and I could stay all day. Same with pet stores and when I go for chicken feed, like those shopping trips.

Internet shopping is the way forward. Don't have to leave the house and it's all delivered to the door :bow

I wanted a dog to keep the boogyman away. roam outside for coons, ect..... all she wants is to eat my chickens. and if i do rehome her im pretty sure i would have a fight on my hands trying a different dog.  my cat smacked hell out of her when we were walking . she laid down and cried.

I don't have a big dog any more either. I also feel safer with a big dog around. My Aussie was the perfect dog. When she had to alert me about some sort of trouble, she just had a tiny grunt like bark she used. She felt absolutely free to bite anyone that she was not properly introduced to. She kept ALL stray dogs run off. One of my neighbors had a Dalmation that would terrorize the neighborhood by barking at people in the neighborhood on their evening walks. Ithey warned me what would happen if my dog attacked them on their walk.

Star waited and finally one day the Dalmation came into my yard to bark at me while I was weeding the flower garden. Star met him half way and flipped him, latched onto his throat and shook him hard. I stood up and laughed while he tucked his tail and ran home! He outweighed Star and she only had 3 legs! Never saw him off the leash again......

So york  your  gran lived through the blitz  does she talk much about how tings used to be.  You should record them for Charlie.   Makes history more real if you know some one who was there for it.

We live in the sticks in Yorkshire so there wasn't much bombing around the village she lives in. She was born and has lived in the same village all her life. She's 87 now. I lived there too when I was a kid but only moved to another village about 10 mins drive down the road. There was an RAF base (RAF Snaith) in the village though, with other various camps there too. Where I keep the horse (it's in her village) was the women's RAF base. My stable is in what used to be a billet in the war. She has lots of stories!! And boxes and boxes of pics!!

Absolutely hate shopping too!! But the same as you a nice tack shop and I could stay all day. Same with pet stores and when I go for chicken feed, like those shopping trips.

Internet shopping is the way forward. Don't have to leave the house and it's all delivered to the door
bow.gif

All the way!!!

Drain man was here at the motel unplugged 2 tubs. Found a ink pen about half the size of a normal with a very fuzzie or feather covered top (acutally part of the pen) Who uses a pen in the bathtub and then wouldn't fish it out if they did drop.
idunno.gif

I learned not to ponder too much on what people were doing in their bathtub/room during my time as a motel maid.........because just when you think you've seen it all, they come up with something even more curious....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom