grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Ha Ha York, that's what I do as well. So...... much easier than going to a store & if your real lucky you can find a site with free shipping if you purchase a certain $ amount here in the states.

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    but shopping that way IMHO is just another step in removing yourself from actual human interaction and society. Like texting. Saw 2 younger girls at a restaurant the other day they the whole time texting no interaction with the person they were supposed to be eating with. Rule at my house phones OFF at the table If you came to visit fine other wise don't pull me away from what I was doing. I actually got up and left her at the table and went out to finish my work in the back yard, she finally comes out and asks why did you leave?? Told her if she wanted to visit GREAT/WONDERFULL but I wasn't going to just sit there and stare at the top of her head.

BYC usual crap.

notice time difference between orginal post and my response.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

It's the same here, spend so much and it's free. I have prime on Amazon too which really helps. I've just ordered new bedroom things for when it's finished being decorated. Got the whole lot, bedding, curtains, lampshades etc. All to be delivered and it caused me no stress at all. No getting through town traffic and no hustling or bustling in shops!!

4. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Too funny, had a dear sweet aunt years ago say hers were like window shades. All she had to do was roll them up & throw them over her shoulders :gig Of course she was no bigger than a minute & I could so see her doing it.

5. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    :
    :celebrate :ya

6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Well twist, I guess your right about not connecting with society if we are just shopping online, but when I do go out to a real store I just walk around telling myself that no one can see me. That I have my nice little paper bag over my head. I think I need to spend some time on someone else's couch than mine [​IMG] :lau

7. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I hate shopping but better then standing in line at the Post Office to return 90% of what I ordered because color/size or something wasn't what I thought it was. I have to be able to see and touch what I am buying. So a mail order bride would never work out.[​IMG]

8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I understand what you are saying twist being removed from human society. We don't do fones here either when we eat or if we have company round. And I would not dream of sitting texting or the like if we were visiting anyone. My only addiction is BYC I don't do any other social media or the like. To be quite honest I don't do a lot of texting anyway. It's rude when you have company and I totally get you walking out!!

I see enough people through work and when I go to do Harry. I even go out socially very occasionally. I would rather spend time with my family and animals than attempting to go into town.

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I actually sort of tried an internet bride. She came for a "visit" after we had been chatting for about six months. Then it took me over 8 months and a car to get rid of her. NEVER AGAIN

10. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I guess my major rant was towards the "younger" generation and their lack of manners and social skills. along with grammar and the ability to spell instead of text spell.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by