grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
picturing Red climbing up on bathroom counter, dropping drawers, turning around and checking for turdletts.
lau.gif
Figured I should share the mental image with everyone.
lau.gif
lau.gif
That's worse than the watermelon crawl ear-worm!

That is pretty disgusting. (shaking my head) I hope you charged them twice what the job was worth. LOL I too did this sort of thing out of necessity. I can remember my last day of housekeeping a couple of years ago....I walked into a house and had a panic attack....I just couldn't do it anymore!!
barnie.gif
Bet you'll never ever forget that day. I can't even imagine. I've been trapped in some pretty despicable jobs to earn a living but just can't imagine how awful it would be to feel so disrespected.

Star was a puppy I bred and raised. She was born on Thanksgiving night in a rainstorm. I had been in a wreck earlier in the day. I was in VA in the wreck. My mother threw a fit when my dog-loving sister drove me home to WV.

We brought the Moma dog and the puppies in the house and dried them all off and warmed them up. Two puppies died, but the rest of the puppies were fine after they ate. I kept them in the house in an X-pen. From when she was old enough to notice people, she could be seen sitting in the pen watching me or the kids. Her registered name was Dixieland Delight, but we called her Star.

She got hit by a car. We too her to an emergency clinic, they stabilized her. I took her to a vet te next morning. This was a Saturday. I called the vet to see how he was later that afternoon. She had not been operated on yet. I called back and was told the vet never showed up. I had to pay $300 up front when I dropped her off. The vet did not show up all day. Sunday I couldn't get in to get her since no one was there. Monday morning I show up and tell them I want to see her before surgery, they took me to the kennel....... I took her out of the cage and proceeded out of the kennel, they tried to stop me. I can get ugly if I am mad enough. They backed off but told me they were caling the ASPCA to report me for refusing surgery. I told them go ahead, I would need their investigation for proof to have his Veterinarian license yanked.

Her leg had gangrene when I got her to the next vet, who performed surgery and took the leg off up to her hip.

I waited a week, then my boyfriend called the vet's office and suggested that they return my money before we called a lawyer. The money was in my mailbox in 3 days.

Last edited:
I'm caught up! :celebrate

Up at 5, on the road by 6:15. At the store by 7:30, and 70+ people in line ahead of us. DH and I each got shoes; he got Merrill trail shoes and I got some chacos. A few other odds and ends, all for $130. I need to check the box, but I think retail on his shoes was $139 alone.

They do the sale again in 6 mos. I'm going to stay home with the kids; he's going to stay with friends to be first in line. He needs a new pack, a tent, a stove, and so on. He picked up a tent this morning but decided that a 2-man wasn't big enough.

We went to a park after "brunch" and DH went disc golfing with some friends while I watched the kids on a playground. Another mom wandered up and told me about a nature center tree house. She PROMISED it was a five-minute walk. It was a mile if it was a minute. So the kids and I were totally pooped after our accidental hike.

A lady came by at 4 to buy a dozen eggs. I only had 8. But she was really nice about it. I only charged $8 because I felt bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom