grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love frosted mini wheats..i found out that walmart brand is alot better than kellogg or whoever makes it..

I usually buy the malt-o-meal knock offs. Don't buy groceries at Wal-mart. Our walmart here has started checking receipts at the door now. Last time they stopped my I started to undress guy goes what are you doing . my reply if you think I am stealing I assume your going to want to do a cavity check as well. OMG was I ****** off. Now If I have to buy something there I just give them the stink eye and keep on walking.

Welcome Lynn!
frow.gif

Hi Pearl!
yippiechickie.gif
Love hearing the other side of the story!

I usually buy the malt-o-meal knock offs. Don't buy groceries at Wal-mart. Our walmart here has started checking receipts at the door now. Last time they stopped my I started to undress guy goes what are you doing . my reply if you think I am stealing I assume your going to want to do a cavity check as well. OMG was I ****** off. Now If I have to buy something there I just give them the stink eye and keep on walking.

LOL gonna see twist on one of those , People of wal-mart videos .

nope no egg at all. :(   maybe i am not supposed to have one.

camping, is there a cause for pox ?

does the 'pox" germs stick around in the soil for a long time .   I guess what I am asking is are you always going to have to fight the pox virus  no way to permanently kill it  and can your once exposed/infected and healed chicken catch it again??    Can you breed for immunity??? 

It's transferred by mosquitoes. Not sure where it originates? I know wild birds can carry it. There are different strains (like our influenza) so it's hard to breed for resistance. But like human chicken pox, once they've had it I don't think they get it again, or at least not as severe. And it can be vaccinated against.

Since my flock had such a horrible case last year, and since all but two of my current pullets are offspring of last years flock, I'm hoping to see some resistance. I'll take pics of the other pullets tomorrow.

If you guys want to see my pox journey, I started a thread last year that I updated regularly. Lots of gross nasty pics.

Love your approach to dealing with it - I have the same aversion to shopping at the Evil Empire (what we call WM), I really resent being treated like a suspected thief -- besides, just pulling into the parking lot makes you feel like your blood pressure is rising and your IQ is dropping (can you tell I'm not fan of WM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom