grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Camping you're full of it :Lau . I bet you can be a little spitfire when pushed. My mom's little and sweet as can be. But when you push her buttons, she'll rip your head off lol

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW!!! What a cool job! That has to take vision and artistic ability of which I have none!

3. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Granny I'm so happy you're pee and poop free today too! Well not you but your floors from the dog.

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Well, I took a few classes. ;) There are only a few ways to arrange everything. That's why newspapers always look pretty much the same.

5. Mutt Farm

So Red, now that I caught up. I had so many comments and cheers I wanted to share but just couldn't. I'm past goin today. I wanted to mention your tractor idea. It sounded great! I wanted to mention though, and anybody else feel free to correct me: The suggested dimensions: For LF coop, the minimum, like someone posted is 4 sq ft. That's a 2X2 square. For the run, it's a 5X5 square per bird. 2 ft per bird for roost.
    For the smaller birds, you can pack them in tighter.
    Heat:LF have a larger body mass and I can't imagine them needing heat in your climate. The little birds, IMHO, if they're not densely feathered, if they don't have plenty of coop-mates to cuddle with, if the temp drops suddenly, I personally would supply a heat source. I'm not a fan of lamps. A pig mat on a wall, A Lectro-mat, an oil heater for a large coop. Just sayin.

6. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks mutt. Y'all have talked me out of the heat lamp. Didn't think about a fire. If needed I'll go another route.

7. Mutt Farm

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    What is a pug mat?

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Oh mutt how many do you think I can put in the swing coop. I figured five but I think Jane said 24. I'm terrible at figuring though lol

10. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I hate spell check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by