grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Songster

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I had a huge diaper bag sort of thing. I hauled it and kids around in an old 1 ton ambulance (that's another story). I used to say that bag was what kept me from blowing away in a stiff wind. Lol

I don't carry a purse at all anymore. I like a pocket for my cell phone and I usually have a diet soda with me. I tell people that DH doesn't trust me with money. That's what I have him for. Lift this, carry that, move that, fix it, reach that, and oh don't forget - eeek! kill that!

Granny one day I'll have to dig out my pictures and trophies to show you of my old demolition derby days. I had one offered but I didn't race. Never had a speeding ticket. 1st DH told people I had all 4 corners on the car if they made fun of me.

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Crossing the Road

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I wear a coat once every two years, when we go to Iowa for Christmas. Last time we went the HIGH on Christmas Eve was -14. That's not the windchill, either. We were in a 100-yo farmhouse with no windbreaks. I wasn't sure I was ever going to make it out of there alive.

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well there goes granny

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Songster

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Lol Roost.

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's extremely cold for you I'm sure.

6. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Newfie I'd love to see some of those pics too.

7. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. campingshaws

campingshaws Crossing the Road

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Whenever they'd tease me for my layers on layers, or wearing blankets, I'd remind them that I'm a delicate flower.

9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    We don't have Krogers around here. Even the Walmart that is close does not have many groceries, no super Walmarts here, so I am usually there for other stuff, like cat litter and household essentials. Same with Target. They have some groceries, but not much. I buy stuff when it is on sale. pasta, cereal, stuff that will last in the pantry or freezer. Pantry is very full! I don't plan meals and shop for what I want. I buy what's cheap and plan around that!

1 person likes this.
  10. [​IMG]I'm too tired to type much!
    @Wishing4Wings LOLOL re a spray can for DH stink eye. He's a good DH, handy as they come. He just retired a few months back. My joy quickly turned into I'm tired, I worked, can you do that yourself and can you give me a hand mode REAL quick. I dumped all the kennel work and feeding, the chickens and the yard on him to give him an understanding of what I've done all these years. He's not liking the 7a-10p shift at all. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by