grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    uug, just got home about an hr. ago went to feed and water the chickens and them bugs attacked us ! what is that orange crap they leave one you ? first time i seen it . was on toms neck. Tom needs a stress in 5 days . My dr. is giving me steroid step down. surprise surprise . I flashed some old man today. [​IMG]

2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    You sound such a giving person. All that work that you could've hoarded to yourself and your giving it all away. WOw! :gig

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    If there's one word to describe me it is generous....[​IMG]

4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I first noticed them out here 3-4 years ago - had NEVER seen anything like it before. Here I am thinking, "Oh, cute little lady bugs - isn't this neat?" - turns out not so much! The nasty stuff is some sort of "defensive chemical" they use - if they get in your house it'll stain your walls (stains on the outside too, but less noticeable and less of an "ick" factor outside)

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    You better hide if twist finds out you been flashing old men other than himself :oops:

6. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I've never seen the insects. So they sting?

7. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    lets see if i can remember now , we got a black (velvet)? stuffed (soft) high backed office chair $20. weed whip, feather light $5, 2 piece tool box full of tools,$10., humongous copper pot for (flowers ) ? not sure for $2 org.price $39. Yahtzee game .50, 2 deck of playboy playing cards .25, thats all Im remembering

8. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Just caught up. I'll post while it's slow.
    Boy! Ya'll were busy till the wee hours! Too funny! RUN TWIST! EWWW Scorpions! Yes blacklight! Needed equipment when horse camping! (they also detect ringworm btw) blacklights, not scorpions. Great skunk poem Wishing, that's one BIG dog!
    Hope granny's Tom Tom gets Tom to the Dr and home with goon news! Great story about neutering cats on the fly. Good information too!
    I worked at a clinic that fixed tons of ferals for TNR (trap, neuter, release) I have the battle scars all over my forearms. They'd be stacked 5 high, hissing and spitting in traps by the time Doc got to work. We'd pin em with a thick towel, knock em out with a pole syringe, do the deed, notch the ear and back in the trap. Females got dissolving sutures.
    [​IMG] Managed (fixed) feral cat populations are a good thing. I have about 5 fixed ferals here. Mice, gophers and ground squirrel control. I trap all newcomers. If they're healthy, I fix and release. If not, I snuff them. Like everybody said here, if they're not fixed, they become overpopulated and unhealthy. If I didn't have any, new sick nasty unfixed cats would take over.
    2 Airedales to the groomer this am. My hands and shoulders just hurt too bad to clip them myself when I let them get narly. Conned DH into fetching them this pm!
    Stray Husky went home first thing this am! She'd been missing almost 2 weeks! The poor gal had put up fliers and was checking the pound every couple days. She was so happy! Dog was 3 miles from home.
    There's my story, hope I'm not dropping this in the middle of deep meaningful conversations!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    How do you always seem to find the greatest deals ever? I mean two decks of play boy cards for fifty cents lol

10. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    They are similar to lady bugs - but they are larger, a different shade of orange, have more spots and are aggressive. From what I can find they bite rather than sting, which is almost better since at least it stops hurting as soon as you smack them off of you rather than a sting that keeps going. It's getting dark or I'd go get a picture of the barn, but this is a good representation of what it's like out there right now:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by