grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oh wow! At least it was wet. Some years ago, my sister was taking care of our place and she called to say that the well pump was off. Told her how to get it running again, but couldn't figure out why it had gone off. Got back home and things seemed okay until a neighbor told us that a transformer caught fire on the pole at the back of the property and started a small grass fire on our side and another neighbor's. [​IMG] You think we would have noticed!!! Property is only 1¼ acres! Apparently the firefighters used our hose to put it out and ran the water level down below the pump, so it shut itself off. Good heavens! They didn't even leave a note. I was shocked.

Now PG&E comes round every few months to make sure all the vegetation is clear from under the poles that still have the old transformers. I've seen that along the road, where it's bare dirt under certain power poles, and now I know why!

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I have procrastinated far too long. Got to get to work now! Talk later!

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Mike can not understand the concept of a low sodium diet. He thinks that not putting salt on his plate of food will work. So for breakfast he had grits and eggs. He didn't want toast, he wanted to save the two slices of bread for later in the day. So hardly any sodium at all since I would not let him have the salt. He lays down to nap and I go outside to feed everything. I come back in, he is awake, there is a napkin on the coffee table. I ask why he had a napkin, it was for my sandwich. WHAT!!!! A cotto salami, slice of cheese with mayonnaise on two slices of bread. So I count up the sodium - 850 mg!!!!!! More than HALF of the sodium he is allowed per day. He keeps saying, I didn't put ANY salt on the sandwich!!!!!

4. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Don't let him near any canned soups or ramen noodles! They are crazy packed with sodium.

5. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Wow, we will have to keep watch for that.

6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Very good advice Wishing!

7. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    :ya glad your head feels better granny [​IMG]

8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    yup all gone. Think I need a new pillow . pillows hey make today suck ! need some good goose/duck down. some enim ticking and my allergys to behave. when i was little my GM gave me GFs pillow like that. every night I would pull one feather from the seam and lay there marveling at the color, softness, ect... I kept / slept on that pillow til my 30s and it needed new ticking. my mom bought the ticking and redid it for me but i never liked the way it felt after that. I still to this day cant find a good pillow. LOL

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    That is sad Enola. His diabetes must be bad . Toms is . I found he likes sprite O to drink and he can have what he wants of that. One slip of a sandwich isnt terrible. the body needs some salt . and we are not going to live forever no matter how hard it is. there are different water pills he could be taking . the Bumex, did you find out about it ? Its a great water pill. He wont be able to leave the house if he takes it. for peeing. I have been fighting this battle for a long time . It only gets harder. the thing I am asking is, Please dont push yourself til it consumes you. not so many worries. In the end, you will be as old as i am. [​IMG]

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    #1 with the most posts . 273 posts !!!! wow i am happy to report belongs to ...... No one on here. hahaaa yet we still are #1 most popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by