grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi all :frow

Well I have to say Halloween has been a bit of a let down this year :( Not so many trick or treaters round like there usually is. The ones that did call had some great costumes though!! Very quiet now as Charlie has gone out with mates and is sleeping over at one of there's tonight. I'm just praying he heads my advice and stays off the sticky candy :fl Had the train tracks fitted a week last Friday and we have already had to go back this Thursday due to a wire coming out of a bracket :barnie Thankfully she showed me how to put it back in if it comes out again. She says as the wires get stronger and thicker it should not come out as much.

Granny glad your feeling better :hugs

As for the man thing and not helping themselves, I have one here too. Is being a right pain in the backside at the moment with not taking his medication correctly and then wonders while he feels so pants!! He is meant to take 11 tablets per day, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol amd leg pain tablets. Does he take them all? NO!! I even got him a tablet dispenser so that I can put them in for each day and a weeks worth and he's still not doing things right. If I say anything I'm nagging him!! At the end of my tether with it, I am.

Kathy I'm so pleased to hear kitty is doing a little better and has eaten :)

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    You should see about another doctor taking over after he is admitted. I would demand that this woman not to allowed to even see him in the hospital. You have a far better chance of something being done right with someone else handling his care. H*ll you could pull someone off a street corner that could do better then this female doctor of his has done. That's just criminal grr...

3. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    @enola That is shocking, I would certainly being seeing another DR and reporting the one Mike has now. She is obviously not looking after him correctly. That is one scary thing, hope he is well again soon :hugs

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  4. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Them guys, there's one in every household isn't there? :lau

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

They will admit him under another Dr. If I have ANYTHING to do with it he will not see this Dr Russel again.

6. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Yep there sure is :lau
    And to boot Charlie is one in the making!! Says I'm nagging him about doing his teeth right and often enough!! I've told him dont bother then and they will all fall out, shocked him enough for now. I think when I got him an egg timer to make sure he was brushing them for long enough, it broke the camels back. Just like the straw!!

7. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    York expect the wire coming out often. It happens a lot in the beginning. I found with my gd that it was easier to use a tweezers to grip the wire & thread it into the bracket. My fingers were just too big, couldn't see around them to get the wire in. I would hold a small flashlight in my mouth to help to see in there lol.

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Men definitely don't like to take orders from a female. My hubby is so stubborn that I can't even make a suggestion on how to do something without him going ballistic. I've found with some things its easier just to keep my mouth shut & fix it on a day when he's back to work :gig

9. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

That has been my exact technique, great minds think alike :highfive:
    I've had to do it as soon as we got back from the orthodontics on Thursday!! Wednesday night it was a grape that caused it to come out and a piece of bread Thursday lunchtime!!

10. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

You go girl, get that bit between your teeth and don't let go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by