grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Ummm...shouldn't you be like 100? We use 140-170 swabs to train a high alert and 60-70 to train a low. Better watch that stuff! BTW, did you ever google milk thisthe for Tom?

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I'm not sure on the measurements. I've seen pullets tip them, but they hens don't have any trouble. The pullets sometimes just launch off the edge and rock it too much.

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    no i forgot. thanks for the reminder..
    80-120 is a good fasting. I ate breakfast , tea, and all that chocolate to get 140. I said that was high for me but for someone just eating its not bad at all.

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    [​IMG]

Ok finally got coop 4 to load, it is in the background with the bachelor pad on the left. This coop we finished May 2014, it is our layer coop. A good portion of the interior is repurposed material, but we had to purchase the treated wood for the base, the T11 siding & the steel roof. This coop we had some money into. Would love another just like it for more laying hens. The budget & hubby says NO to that one :gig

5. Mutt Farm

[​IMG] We're watching you.....[​IMG]

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you are supposed to check your sugar before you eat . if you take a sliding scale shot. its based on what it is before you eat. the only time you are supposed to check it after is if you suspect its dangerously high or low. I usually pass out at 30-40 but feel bad at 60-70. Mine is not controlled one way or the other.

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    grannys already trying to line up another source for fudge :gig quote name="campingshaws" url="/t/861508/grannys-gone-and-done-it/27090#post_16040274"]
    I move them whenever I'm ready. My nest boxes are milk crates, so it's easy to pick them up to move them. Later when they get up to eat, I'll move the best out of the crate and onto the floor of the crate with PLENTY of shavings or hay or whatever. I make sure she always had food or water so the other hens can't pester her or the eggs.[/quote]Thanks camping. Great advice.

as much as I hate to say it, I'm a 42 year old mammas boy. Don't know what I'd do without her.

grannys going to kill you if she thinks you're calling her 100 :lau

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    haha, she wouldnt be the first one to call me old today. matter of fact, she would be the 3rd. right Lisa ? she was talking about sugar though.

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Granny here is a picture of my SFH rooster & hen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mutt Farm

Wow. That's a LOT of work and SO nice! What do they do when it snows? Boy, I get budget! We've been in a drought now for 6 years ant this winter they are predicting torrential rain and flooding till late spring. I have no shelter on the back of my barn stalls, so no dry run for chickens. They'll be fine inside, but no sun for months? Scrimping and scrounging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by